Lich Bane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raddex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

On which champions is the Lich Bane good?

I guess it's viable on Singed because of the mana increase, magic resistance and movement speed, however the extra auto-attack damage isn't utilized too often.

Who can use it well?

Edit: Is it possible for Rumble and Mordekaiser to use Lich Bane effectively?

axesandspears

01-28-2012

With enough ap, Lichebane is technically good on any mage. Before you have a good amount of ap, the item is definitely not worth its cost.

Mestm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

i think cassio suck whit lich bane just the movemnt speed but a very good champion whit lich bane can be: Lux and Evelynn(AP) for me

OuroborosEight

01-28-2012

If you're playing AP Ezreal and doing well to begin with you will become an absolute menace once you get lichbane. the Achilles heel of AP ez is he has the worst farming in game. Another character that utilizes lichbane very well is Lux because of her passive. Akali is another if you go heavy AP with her, though I've not tried it myself.

Cooper112

01-28-2012

Lux is one also. She does huge damage with her passive and lichbane plus gives good ap magic res and movement speed!

The Blue Jelly

01-28-2012

AP Eve (especially back when she had her stun; this gave you two 1:1 ratios before they could actually do something to you, never mind the Q spam)

And.... Well, really, anybody with high AP that can use extra movespeed, mana, and MR, and especially those with a decent ranged auto.

Morde could kinda use it to make Mace into stupid, but eh. I've never been a fan of not building morde like an offtank (NOT tank. Offtank. Morde's only "initiate" is walking in, which all but never works), and using his ridiculous unkillability and his ult to be a threat.... Actually, you could do quite a few troll AP builds and have them use this to be effective.... Now I wanna do AP Irelia just to Q for well over 1k XDDD

JustMyBassCannon

01-28-2012

Anyone who gets at least 200 AP can use Lich Bane effectively. Anyone who gets at least 400 AP using Lich Bane is a nightmare, and it only becomes worse the more AP they have.

At 200 AP, Lich Bane's bonus surpasses the highest possible bonus (to my knowledge) that Trinity Force could give. The proc also gives a good bit of physical damage to AP casters, thus making their damage output less easy to block unless they're a tank. Probably the most fun you'll ever have is Lich Bane with 1k AP on Veigar, and last hitting a champ with it.

Mastergamer2k5

01-28-2012

Lich Bane is good on any champ that builds a lot of AP. Because the passive scales off your AP, it's best bought after you've bought a few AP items. Annie is great example of Lich Bane being used very effectively.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-28-2012

Veigar is probably the best champion in the game for Lich Bane. Movespeed to get into position, a high auto-attack range, and no limit to his maximum AP. It also makes him a tower killer.

A few Kayle's I've seen with Lich Bane. Gives some pretty devastating burst -- activate E, auto, launch Q, auto, self cast W, auto.

Back when AP Kog was considered good, he would build it. AP towards Bio-Arcane, MR and movespeed to help with his survivability problems, and mana to keep the Living Artillery flying. The Witt's End and Malady remakes pretty much killed AP Kog though, since On-hit Kog proved way more effective.

A lot of people use it on Lux, but I personally disagree. I'd much rather get Nashor's Tooth for the CDR. Many people say the attackspeed is wasted, but it allows you to proc your passive a lot more in a small skirmish, and if you've been playing 0 CS Support bot you can catch up on farm much quicker, since E + Passive will pretty much kill every minion.

Honestly though, Lich Bane is a very difficult to utilize item. Most casters have terrible auto-attack speeds, animations, and projectile speeds. Those that have "snappy" animations are either manaless, or have such short cooldowns that you're throwing off your damage output. Which is really unfortunate, because it is also the only AP item with movespeed on it.

Thubgar

01-28-2012

eve has been mentioned.

surprised no one mentioned kassadin. on dominion the mana and proc make his riftwalks actually hurt.
on SR it's a lot more dangerous to use riftwalk offensively =/