Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Messiah501

01-28-2012

Hey guys I've been playing as Trynd doing very well but my cousin who's level 30 says to many people think hes op and bann him in 3s so I've been trying to use Garen but I don't like "average" tank or infinity edge crit builds so I was wondering if anyone tried building him with 2 phantom dancers, berserkers greaves, and infinity edge and could let me know how it played out thanks!

DemBonez665

01-28-2012

Garen is honestly not best built as a dps under any circumstances. Build him tanky, with warmogs, merc treads/ninja tabi, FoN, sunfire cape, thornmail, atma's. Standard tank build stuff. If your team is squishy, drop something for an aegis.

You should be building garen with the idea of an immovable wall that can never be forced out of lane for very long. He can't be a reliable ad carry because of his lack of stuns, slows, snares, and dashes. I know, I've tried ..

He has a minor move speed steroid, and a decent cc clearer, but he is a very powerful off tank, and almost never banned. Just watch out for ignites!

Hope it helps!

With love,
Bonezy

Dolphin PhD

01-28-2012

Tryn is banned a lot of a simple reason. Unlike in SR, in 3s. Tryn owns the map. Being able to escape and chase with ease.

And Garen is a good champ as long as you know how to properly manage your abilities as CDs. Fallow the guide above. Knows what he is doing.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Garen doesn't autoattack. Fix you build to represent that fact. Also Garen can't jungle and is ruined by kiting, which is why he is a somewhat weak pick in 3v3. Think Udyr, but without the ability to farm.

Messiah501

01-28-2012

Hey thanks for all the help I did try him out and he was ok but I agree he is a better tank so what would be a good replacement for trynd who doesn't get banned?

Messiah501

01-28-2012

Hey all thanks for the help I did try him out but I agree he is definitely a better tank so who would be a better replacement for Trynd

Messiah501

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah501 View Post
Hey all thanks for the help I did try him out but I agree he is definitely a better tank so who would be a better replacement for Trynd
woops it told me the message wasn't posted

Not LiteKerosene

01-28-2012

Garen sucks

North Pole

01-29-2012

The op is asking who would be a good replacement for tryndamere since he knows tryndamere is a sure bann in ranked. He asked if garen would be a good replacement, and obviously its not.

To answer his question, try playing master yi. He has the same feel as tryndamere, just a different kit. You build him the same way you would with tryndamere.

EDIT: he is also never banned in ranked 3s.