Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Kyleshorse

11-25-2013

Quote:
Elphrihaim:
I would remove the monster damage reduction from Black Moon, so that he could be a more effective jungler (the rest of his kit seems to make his ganks seem useful, which is why I say that).

I originally put that there because I really wanted Cain to be more a support or a tanky toplane (though this may just be because of I utter hatred for the jungle XP). Though now that I've spent more time with League, I'm able to accept Cain playing a jungler role, even though I still would like him to stick as a support tank. Thanks for the input.

Vegetales

11-25-2013

giving your whole team 16 armor AND mr PLUS giving yourself 32 armor AND mr for free seems a little op. but besides that it seems like a cool champion.

Lord Kyleshorse

11-25-2013

Quote:
Vegetales:
giving your whole team 16 armor AND mr PLUS giving yourself 32 armor AND mr for free seems a little op. but besides that it seems like a cool champion.

The reason why it's so much is because the bonus will only be given if allies are nearby, thus making it much more necessary when in teamfights. If you're alone or even with a your ADC, the passive gives only a little, but the passive will also help when your ally jungler is making a gank your way.
Nevertheless, I do see that the numbers are a bit too high, so I'll see to toning down the bonuses. Thanks for the criticism.

bankaiwarrior

11-26-2013

i have friend who mains taric for me when we play and i think he would love this guy

Lord Kyleshorse

11-26-2013

Quote:
bankaiwarrior:
i have friend who mains taric for me when we play and i think he would love this guy

If you can, see if your friend can give Cain a critique. It would be nice to get feedback from someone who mains support.

Bruffin

12-08-2013

Bump!

Lord Kyleshorse

03-10-2014

Long overdue bump. :'D

Lord Kyleshorse

05-07-2014

Well, with the release of a completely shield based character... looks like Cain isn't gonna be happening any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I love Braum and I definitely can't wait to play him. I just wish he had a different way of defending. I don't know, maybe I'm just being kind of a sore loser.

In any case, I still hope to one day make Cain as a legitimate champion if I were to achieve my dream of working for Riot. There's just things I may have to change in order to keep something of an original design. If you guys have any idea on what I could possibly do, please let me know. Cain has been my first ever champion concept, one that I've kept in my head for years. But he couldn't be what he is today if it weren't for the amazing people in this community.