Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

D:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryEnemy

01-27-2012

Sad face titled thread:

Jax is going to have a "more reliable stun" and "aoe damage reduction". Two things he really doesn't need.

Leona probably won't get so much as slapped and told "no," when it comes to getting and developmental attention.

Shen is going to be slapped and told "no"

Lee sin is going to be nerfed (probably an incredibly small amount) just as I was going to try to learn to play to compete with the top rated dominion picks.

Riot is going to leave Sejuani as is to show their agreement with the "Sejuani is amazing omg lol" camp just so they can take the pat on the back instead of the criticisms that her mechanics are wonk and her scaling with levels and items doesn't offer much. especially early on. They might fix the problem with her ult arbitrarily going through people (though sometimes it hits when it misses a bit).

Wukong's Q will continue being too strong in its scaling, base numbers, and effect.

Riot's highest priority:
- Champions that are popular that are popular because of their great scaling, reliable well-rounded toolkit, and item synergy.
If they are buffed: It is because someone at riot thought it would be cool to make them even crazier!
If they are nerfed: It will be because of months of community concern - they will be slightly adjusted
If they are nerfed hard: It will be because a Rioter lost a game.

Riot's Lowest Priority:
- Champions the community feels is lacking in one or most of these departments.
- They might get buffed or nerfed but it will be an arbitrary sidenote.

Sauron

01-27-2012

Pretty much.

Bonabon

01-27-2012

When I saw Jax at the start of the patch preview I was thinking, "Oh god, here come the nerfs already."
Then I lol'd.

It's a pretty solid change, but people will definitely complain about it. I'm sort of curious if there will be any sort of cooldown before he can recast it, or if you can just double-tap E for insta-stun, lol.

LegendaryEnemy

01-27-2012

Quote:
Bonabon:
When I saw Jax at the start of the patch preview I was thinking, "Oh god, here come the nerfs already."
Then I lol'd.

It's a pretty solid change, but people will definitely complain about it. I'm sort of curious if there will be any sort of cooldown before he can recast it, or if you can just double-tap E for insta-stun, lol.

Actually I like changes like this alot. It is important for abilities to be considered for functionality changes. Often times changing the base numbers on something positively or negatively doesn't really correct the inherent problem.

Still, their priorities never cease to underserve my personal feelings about what areas need improvement.

Stimuz

01-27-2012

Wait, they're buffing Jax even more this patch? He's already borderline ban worthy, if he were more popular.

LegendaryEnemy

01-27-2012

Quote:
Stimuz:
Wait, they're buffing Jax even more this patch? He's already borderline ban worthy, if he were more popular.

They are making a mechanical improvement.

Who knows if they'll tone any other part of his recent rework down or not.

urmamasllama

01-27-2012

Quote:
Stimuz:

there was a damage nerf to go along with the usability buff

Imfrknbad

01-30-2012

Quote:
LegendaryEnemy:
Sad face titled thread:

Jax is going to have a "more reliable stun" and "aoe damage reduction". Two things he really doesn't need.

Leona probably won't get so much as slapped and told "no," when it comes to getting and developmental attention.

Shen is going to be slapped and told "no"

Lee sin is going to be nerfed (probably an incredibly small amount) just as I was going to try to learn to play to compete with the top rated dominion picks.

Riot is going to leave Sejuani as is to show their agreement with the "Sejuani is amazing omg lol" camp just so they can take the pat on the back instead of the criticisms that her mechanics are wonk and her scaling with levels and items doesn't offer much. especially early on. They might fix the problem with her ult arbitrarily going through people (though sometimes it hits when it misses a bit).

Wukong's Q will continue being too strong in its scaling, base numbers, and effect.

Riot's highest priority:
- Champions that are popular that are popular because of their great scaling, reliable well-rounded toolkit, and item synergy.
If they are buffed: It is because someone at riot thought it would be cool to make them even crazier!
If they are nerfed: It will be because of months of community concern - they will be slightly adjusted
If they are nerfed hard: It will be because a Rioter lost a game.

Riot's Lowest Priority:
- Champions the community feels is lacking in one or most of these departments.
- They might get buffed or nerfed but it will be an arbitrary sidenote.

They fixed Mundo. Also I haven't found Max all that bad. Lee sin sorta needs the fix to be honest. I think they should work on older champs a bit more but I think saying they'd make a new champ every two weeks made them have no choice but to follow through with it.

Overall I'm happy with the game *shrug*

Yaladilae

01-30-2012

Quote:
Bonabon:
Then I lol'd.

It's definitely powerful, but maybe it will put Jax into top pick again

But for a ranged AP against him, he needs to leap attack > deactivate CS for stun
As oppose to pantheon...

Darmival

01-30-2012

Quote:
Imfrknbad:
They fixed Mundo.

far from fixed