Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ziggs basic attacks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

01-27-2012

Quote:
Haechi:
Low cd slow on Q, bump slow on W, slowing mines on E and huge aoe slow ultimate \o/. He doesnt need CC in his kit ^^.

How good works the spellvamp on him? Does every spell triggers it? Is it reduced because of aoe damage?

Btw Meddler you just became my favorite champion designer. I don't know why but this is already so much fun to talk about, I can't wait to actually play it. Thanks for this !

All his spells trigger spell vamp at the reduced AoE rate. His passive's a proc and doesn't trigger spell effects.

Quote:
arkakarkakr:
Could you give some info about his ult? like damage wise high/medium/low and is the cast range of his ult like graves or longer?

High damage, very long range. Uses a warning effect like Panth's ult - allies know where it's going to land as soon as he launches it, enemies get a warning a little bit before impact.

Gay for Warwick

01-27-2012

I know he fits in the AP niche, but is there any hope in building him AD, tanky, or the likewise?

cpmd4

01-27-2012

Great job on the design, Meddler. I think Ziggs is going to be my first ever day one buy.

Great Q&A. I don't have any questions myself, but the answers you provided so far have been quite insightful.

Lucchinii

01-27-2012

Too pumped for Ziggs.

exe3

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:
That grin was one of the things that got me really interested in working on this guy, back when he was just in the rough concept art stage .

It sounds like you created the characters kit based on someone elses initial character designs. I thought designers had complete freedom and kit came first and then the character developing during or after kit creation.

konfetarius

01-27-2012

Quote:
High damage, very long range. Uses a warning effect like Panth's ult - allies know where it's going to land as soon as he launches it, enemies get a warning a little bit before impact.

Does travel time depend on distance or...?

And how does it compare to Lux's ult in terms of harass/burst potential?

Killpl0x

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:

Closer to the Satchel Charge = further knockback. This is particularly important if you're trying to knock an enemy around - if you only catch them with the outskirts of the explosion they won't go far.

BUT, is there a maximum knockback distance based on proximity to the mine upon detonation?

meaning, if you stand close to the satchel and it knocks you back, will you get knocked back a further distance than if you were further away, or is there an overall fixed knockback distance (a fixed radius) from the center of the explosion regardless where you were standing?

Swicy

Recruiter

01-27-2012

Any good skins for Ziggs Meddler?

M0MENTUM

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:

Closer to the Satchel Charge = further knockback. This is particularly important if you're trying to knock an enemy around - if you only catch them with the outskirts of the explosion they won't go far.

I like this, I hope the difference is significant because it sounds really cool. Still hoping you can talk a little more about the mines though, the way you described them at 40% CDR makes it sound like you can only have 1 at a time? Or am I misunderstanding? I am kind of hoping it will be like Shaco boxes in terms of map control, I love champions with those sorts of things (Shaco Teemo and kind of Cait all come to mind)

exe3

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:
Somewhat more than lux ult.

Mother of god.