Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ziggs basic attacks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OJ191

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:
Bounce distance is determined by initial arc length as above, number of bounces however is fixed.

Can't off hand think of a clear comparison for the minefield, champ spotlight should make it really clear how it functions though.

Regarding my post on the page 10, how DOES the minefield work. Is it like if you had 10 or so teemo shrooms setup in the river as a "minefield" and what is the sort of radius. What are the activation ranges? etc etc.

My previous post was suggesting that this would be incredibly useful against rammus because if he tries to speed in he takes tons of damage.

On a side note, long time lux and anivia player here, although the pricetag on cass has made me kinda shy away from her for a while (until I can try her on free week), but I am REALLY looking forward to making zigg a new main of mine.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

01-27-2012

Quote:
Shakenspear:
Did you say you could bounce his bomb OVER champions?

It'll happen occasionally, generally with smaller champions like other Yordles. As a Ziggs player you can compensate for that risk if you can predict their likely movement. When playing against Ziggs you can try and time it right to duck under it, though haven't seen anyone in playtesting that's mastered doing it consistently (someone as Kennen using lightning rush had the most success).

Killpl0x

01-27-2012

can you tell how his AP ratios will be distributed?, like will all his skills have similar (not identical) ratios or is there one or two abilities with real high ratios compared to the others?

Dorotheus

Recruiter

01-27-2012

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Ziggs on release day, I really like the way he looks, and I've always fancied bombs for cartoony designs...can you tell us about his release skins?

(maybe a future skin could be SUPER cartoony, or throw Exploding Ninja Stars like in Kirby 64. Just ideas )

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

01-27-2012

Quote:
DannyL3tscher:
Where would you put him for skillcap and is he rewarded/not rewarded because of it?

also, you should create a Meepo Like Champion next, yknow, one that requires Microing

Very skillshot and timing dependent so a decent skill cap as a result, he's got a few quirks ability wise too. Proper ult usage, particularly when mid, is also likely to be pretty key to getting the most out of him, there's a bit of split push potential as well, though that's pretty risky if you get it wrong compared to some split pushers.

Somohexual

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:
Base damage + AP.

The cooldown reduction's such that you'll want to weave the occasional well timed auto attack into a fight when safe to do so, but won't feel forced to do so between every cast.

So it's going to be like Lux's and Orianna's passives... but actually good? :/

EDIT: Not trying to QQ about his design, because he's actually the first champion that's looked cool in a long time, imo. It's just that Riot's previous attempts at making Mages with a "built-in-Sheen" haven't gone very well. D:

Sandunguioso

01-27-2012

on the preview it says:

for example, his lack of a reliable targeted nuke allows us to give him greater damage potential and range

what makes him different from oriana?

i wouldn't like to see him get nerf like her because he was hard to use at 1st then people learn to use him and completely control the lane

CaptainUnknown2

01-27-2012

I can honesty say that I am extremely excited for Ziggs. Thank you Meddler for answering all of these questions.

Killpl0x

01-27-2012

Quote:
Meddler:
It'll happen occasionally, generally with smaller champions like other Yordles. As a Ziggs player you can compensate for that risk if you can predict their likely movement. When playing against Ziggs you can try and time it right to duck under it, though haven't seen anyone in playtesting that's mastered doing it consistently (someone as Kennen using lightning rush had the most success).

don't you think making the bombs having a higher chance to hit on bigger targets is king of anti-fun?

sure, in Dota that would've been ok, but in LoL?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

01-27-2012

Quote:
Jay The Beast:
Sounds like a fun champion.. Would you want to build him glass cannon or with a RoA?

RoA, 3 Dorans/Deathcap, WotA or Rylai's are the builds I've seen perform ok. Pretty dependent on your playstyle/opposition/team comps though of course.

Quote:
Eat Orange Be K:
Hmmm, am I to take it then that being control oriented he'd be more likely a candidate to see play as a solo top mage like Swain/Kennen?

Depends on the match up - some common top bruisers will be pretty hard to deal with since they can stick on him, others he can do decently against due to his range.