Question about Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

apocWOOt

01-27-2012

I don't see many pepole play Dr. Mundo (maybe twice). I've looked at his skills and I was left wondering, "what is this champ supposed to do?" He's tanky but without a CC, and where does his damage come from? All I see is that he doesn't die often because he is built with a lot of health.

So what's the role of Mundo?

apocWOOt

01-27-2012

Bump

Thané

01-27-2012

im not sure what role i would slot him into. endgame he is mostly a tank i guess, but with higher dps less cc.

he can dish out the damage tho. cleavers are %hp base damage, his aoe fire is basically a sunfire on steroids, and his ad steroid gives him bonus ad with hp he is missing.

going atmas with him is the way to go usually. cleavers let you slow them and catch up, aoe fire gives you tenacity and aoe damage, and the steroid lets you bash their face in.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

What mundo role is? To throw cleavers in tasty enemy faces! Mundo love his cleaver so much!

What mundo's other role? To go where he pleases!

I run him as magic pen, for cleaver and fire damage. His role is damage absorb tank. Usually with warmog, thornmail, sunfire, abyss scepter, force of nature.

He's extremely fun, only problem is he falls off late game, and vulnerable to ignites. He winds up able to survive most anything but unable to kill fast enough when ignored.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Q = harrass pew pew. Spam it every few seconds. If enemies get out of place that % health damage WILL start to build up on them. His AoE damage is pretty dang good for a tank. If you have tons of health or regen you can spam it alot and be very selective about it.

Some people will say "wahhhh you have to be hurt just to do damage." I dont look at it that way. I see his E as a steriod and being at lower health = more damage is just the icing on the cake.

Mundo is just a big meat shield that hangs around the front during teamfights. Spamming that Q and scaring people away with W. Once the team fight starts go where you please. If your whole team commits then turn on that W fire and wade right into the middle of the enemy. Ult then immediatly pop E for the extra damage. Right after you pop E then pop your improved summoner heal and auto-attack a focused target while spamming Qs every chance you get.

Mundos job is to get the enemy to waste mana/time on you because you have a reset button. For every mundo that gets ignited 2+ times during 1 fight there are 2 of your carries NOT getting ignited.

S B

01-27-2012

I've played against a Mundo/Soraka lane once. It was horrible, they literally NEVER went back the whole laning phase while putting great pressure on us. Maybe they'll be a good counter to send bot against the ad carry/support?

EchoRex

01-27-2012

Mundo is a tanky DPS that is out classed by other tanky DPS currently due to his health costs and single target minion stopped skill shot that cannot be scaled by anything you itemize. He can murder any carry or mage that doesn't have multiple escapes, and survive doing so.

Mundo's pro's are: he counters health stackers who don't take resist well, so your typical Atmog's before a resist item falls quickly to him; His auto attacks are devastating without needing heavy investment into AD, can take pen and/or crit items early instead; he is barely hindered by CC; he can farm exceptionally well; and his durability is ridiculous with just moderate expenditure into armor and resist due to his ultimate even when ignited.

Mundo's con's: health costs cause him to deal huge portions of his own health just for him to use his abilities, a rule of thumb for him is subtract 25% of your maximum health from your current and that is what you're actually working with in a fight; his Cleaver while great when it hits, does not scale with AD or AP, is stopped by minions and is single target only; and finally he has a very lackluster passive which at best can be considered resource management for farming IF you already have 2k+ HP.

I love playing him, but he just isn't competitive with other tanky DPS like Olaf or Irelia.

Wolfalisk

01-27-2012

He's pretty much the only insanely tanky champion in the game that can get upwards of 300 AD with only very limited damage itemization. He is nigh unkillable but is also completely unignorable.

Valohtar

01-27-2012

Mundo's job is to be so annoying that the enemy team chases Mundo across the map just to kill Mundo. Mundo makes you want to kill Mundo instead of the tower. Mundo's cleaver makes you forget about the nexus. Mundo causes you to say "Mundo!" over and over again as you curse Mundo for surviving that 5 man gank and ignoring your cc as Mundo chucks cleavers to slow Mundo's pursuers so Mundo can go back to the tower as he pleases.

hummanchicken

01-27-2012

you job at end game is being an undying and unmovable force in team fights and outside of team fights, with the right build and it isn't hard :/ you should have around 250 dmg with about 33% crit or more if you build it, and life steal, 56% reduced duration on all cc and with ult like more then 7k hp have fun just run around and do as you please. btw after lvl 6 you will never run out of hp