Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should the JoJ remain?

Yes 200 97.56%
No 5 2.44%
Voters 205 .

Petition: Save the JoJ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

01-29-2012

Quote:
Methelod:
Touche Belthazor, my issue is that I'm not very happy that I'm the one who started the petition, because I lack quite a bit of skill when it comes to explaining ideas, my own or others, and extremely distrust my ability to do so.

"Here is a thread where the original post discusses how the lore change is nonsensical. On the first page there is a post by Belthazor3457 explaining how it is, in addition to being nonsensical, also an impractical business move for Riot."

Copy-paste it if you wish. Riot's public relation staff / the guys who care about the lore will need a practical business reason to share with the people in-charge of the lore department's funding to actually sway them and bring the lore back. Attatching said business reason to the poll may prove practical.

Tourist Fjord

01-29-2012

Signed, need to keep this ALIVE.

Girofalcon

01-29-2012

Signed

TheNarvalOfDeath

01-29-2012

Sing me up for this eh buddy! I want those JoJ back u.u

Munchlord

01-30-2012

Singed.

Daddy Dennis

01-30-2012

Alright,

Judging by the votes, I may not be very popular on this thread! I will approach this from both the real and the role play angle.

The real angle: JoJ was replaced with splashy and eye catching comics. JoJ is also probably getting in the way of any cinematic exploits these guys have planned. The more you write, the more a director is going to mess up. Allowing the lore to be liquid and not rigid allows for something bigger and better.

Or....

They are short on staff and are just redeploying their forces to more needed places.

The role playing angle: The JoJ ends as they release a Yordle with explosives on to the field. Doomsday is coming. You'd better be ready.

Bible points people... Your beloved JoJ could have disappeared for reasons that an astute observer could have seen coming.

Summoner Abyss

01-30-2012

signed

NoDenial

01-30-2012

Signed

Hotarukin

01-30-2012

There's only one thing that could possibly replace the JoJ for me, and then it wouldn't even be -for me- it would be more a major increase in lore interest for the community, and therefore a much greater gain than what I could offer...

And that's more Lore matches. Instead of just hearing about the world, have top summoners compete to DETERMINE how lore works out.

Even then, I still say keep the JoJ, just let the main headline write itself with a lore match .

I'm not asking for once a week, or whatever the craziness got to at some point, but once a month is -hardly- much to ask for, is it?

Ecoyli2

01-30-2012

Signed, Ecoyli2