Should the JoJ remain?

Yes 200 97.56%
No 5 2.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Petition: Save the JoJ

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

01-27-2012

I have recently read the forum post about how they are cancelling the JoJ and champion judgements, but personally I feel that is what made Riot's lore unique and interesting. It gave us unique information on champion's daily lives, as well as giving us a unique method to read them.

I mean, how cool is it that you get to feel like an actual summoner, reading a newspaper for summoners? To me, that was one of the reasons I loved this game, because even outside of the game, it pulled you in.

So, I feel it is necessary to at least show Riot how much we value the JoJ (And champion judgements, although those could have a suitable replacement.) So if you agree with this petition, please say so and I will do my best to add your name to the list. The location of the information.

Quote:
"Here is a thread where the original post discusses how the lore change is nonsensical. On the first page there is a post by Belthazor3457 explaining how it is, in addition to being nonsensical, also an impractical business move for Riot."-belthazor3457
: The thread.

Signers: Methelod, Necromonger, Munchlord, GrandpaHarry, Zinthow, Prismwind, Mšdchen, DoS Trojan, belthazor3457, Daganage, Tribblegoggles, Warmaster Rajuk, Elif Thaed, Apollo Justice, Jaykoboy, Kasmiria, Raeken, OTL Vi, Raziel99, Waafu, Silver Trinity, Bigpapadapa, Tyrantherus, Tourist Fjord, Girofalcon, TheNarvalOfDeath, Summoner Abyss, NoDenial, Hotarukin, Ecoyli2, Grand Viper, Tayarayne, Syrino, Arfor, Papa Palpatine, Ikiros, Theluiginater, geeca, SinnCleaver, Fronslin, Nicole, Gigadunker, Xel Meshif, The Monkey Sage, Keiji Cupcakes, EmptyEternity, Gorlond, POTOSI, TBG RomeFreak, Treya Leral, steNchdot, Arechon Gend, OneScar, Harleke, November Anon, Gillrien, Golden Saint, The Dragun

Necromonger

01-27-2012

Signed, Singed.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Signed

GrandpaHarry

01-27-2012

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I enjoyed seeing all the thought that was put into each character, the world, and current events. I loved the way they answered mail from summoners and tried to tell a story. Which, speaking of, I am upset to have not seen any closure on the bit about Jarvan and the war in Kalamanda.

I also enjoyed the hints at upcoming skins and champions. I loved the judgments and am disappointed to have not seen one for Viktor or Fizz or Shyvana. I would have also liked to have seen some for the earlier champs like Teemo, Jax, and Mordekaiser. Lore was part of what made this game so great. I can't even imagine it without it. The introduction of the crystal scar was in part great because it wasn't just throwing another map onto the roster. It was a development in the world.

Methelod

01-27-2012

Well the lore will continue, it's just going to be in different format, we also get two final JoJ's to close off the unfinished storylines, but in my opinion, it was the JoJ format that made the lore better.

Sure, you can throw it at us in a different way, but unless it's through a visiopathic crystal (AKA videos) it isn't going to immerse us as much as the joj did.

zinthow

01-27-2012

Yes, I rather liked the JoJ, and am disapointed to see it go. You can sign me up.

Prismwind

01-27-2012

Signed, Prismwind

GrandpaHarry

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Well the lore will continue, it's just going to be in different format, we also get two final JoJ's to close off the unfinished storylines, but in my opinion, it was the JoJ format that made the lore better.

Sure, you can throw it at us in a different way, but unless it's through a visiopathic crystal (AKA videos) it isn't going to immerse us as much as the joj did.
Oh, well thank god. That much is a relief, at least. Do you have it on word that they may continue the judgments as well? I do miss them so.

Also, as you mentioned it, I wonder why there wasn't a video made for Season 2 like the one that was put up for all of Season 1. It was sort of interesting to see a league match play out like a real battle.

Methelod

01-27-2012

I updated the OP with a hyperlink to the thread in question, although I still feel that even if you resolve the storylines, it's still crippling a major amount of fun from the lore.

Mädchen

01-27-2012

Signed, underlined, bold, italicized.

12345 ... 10