Michæl, Centurion of Celestia.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paladin of Light

02-11-2012

Preview of Chapter 5 -
The remainder of the Celestian troops trudged into the allied encampment. Heads bowed in shame. The commander of the remainder walked into Kayle's office with a limp.
"Ma'am, I bring foul tidings," he said.
She looked up from her study of the battle map," What is it?"
"It was a trap, they were well prepared - we tried our hardest but we couldn't hold," the officer responded.
"Then Michæl?" she asked.
"He was captured," the officer responded grimly," And...and..... they used the weapon on him. Their confounded weapon works."
"I was afraid of this," Kayle said to him," And now the chaos will rise."

Paladin of Light

02-12-2012

500 views, Huzzah!

Paladin of Light

02-19-2012

Chapter 5
The remainder of the Celestian troops trudged into the allied encampment. Heads bowed in shame. The commander of the remainder walked into Kayle's office with a limp.
"Ma'am, I bring foul tidings," he said.
She looked up from her study of the battle map," What is it?"
"It was a trap, they were well prepared - we tried our hardest but we couldn't hold," the officer responded.
"Then Michæl?" she asked.
"He was captured," the officer responded grimly," And...and..... they used the weapon on him. Their confounded weapon works."
"I was afraid of this," Kayle said to him," And now the chaos will rise through the ranks."
"Yes it will, perhaps we should -," the officer began.
"No," Kayle snapped," We Shall not go back, it's already out of hand - we can't let news of this spread to far."
Morgana smiled, she had finally done it. She had taken a peg, a well placed one at that, away from her sister. She could still remember back before she had changed, when Michæl was still in a relationship with her. She had known Kayle to be somewhat jealous since that day. Then the schism happened and the war begun. Michæl, a warrior of pure heart had broken up with her because of her affiliations. He was new to the ranks then - and she couldn't blame him. She had betrayed her family and friends for a cause that drove so many others like her. She continued to think like this as she strode down the corridors - personally showing Michæl every nook and cranny there was in this part of the fortress. Then they strode out onto a balcony for a better view of "Suffering".
"So, what do you think so far?" Morgana asked.
"It's very, interesting - these fortifications are nigh impenetrable," Michæl responded.
"It has been to long," Morgana said.
"Yes," Michæl responded in like term," It has." Morgana kissed him again, it had been over a nine thousand since they had been together.
"I think I'll show you my private quarters now," Morgana said - the sun slowly setting over the horizon. Then they both walked off the balcony and back into the building.
Kayle woke up sweating, another foul dream. This was one of the many disadvantages of being a great warrior. But, unlike the rest of her dreams - this one involved Michæl dying. And many times her dreams had been re-enacted on the battlefield. She had grown accustomed to him over the centuries - but never had time in the war for a relationship. She sat up and looked at the star filled night sky and wondered if she would ever be able to ask him to be in a relationship.
The next morning Michæl awoke to see that Morgana was already outside and doing her rounds. He quickly assembled his intricate dark purple armor. It was just like his Celestian set, only it had green gems on it and it shown no Celestian color. He picked up his sword, and it was like-wise. He saw a training dummy in the room and decided to test out his powers. He first summoned a bio-chemical ball and aimed it at the dummy. The dummy disintegrated on impact of it. He then decided it was time to join Morgana and help her with her duties.
Kayle visited a prophet the next day in the Celestian High Capitol. He confirmed her beliefs, her dream was - in a way - going to be re-enacted in a battlefield. This made her mood even worse and she trudged through the temple just wondering why bad luck always seem to come upon her. First she had lost her Sister, Then the war, Then Michæl was taken and a quarter of her troops in the distraction division gone or captured. She wondered if her luck would change. Probably not, she thought, but at least I still have a chance. She then found herself out of the temple and proceeded to start flying towards the Forward Operating Base (F.O.B OR FOB) that she was needed at. If only this would end soon, she thought.

Paladin of Light

02-19-2012

Okay - I need some ideas for next chapter. Also almost 750 Views - YES!

Paladin of Light

02-20-2012

Preview of Chapter 6:
Michæl strode through the battlefield looking calm among the fierce warriors around him. Whenever some brash or brave Celestian soldier dared to attack him he merely deflected the attack or wounded the man. No need to kill unless they are determined, he thought. He had faced very little resistance when he found himself in the dead center of the battle. He looked left, then right, then soared into the air and came plummeting down. The catastrophic result of the blast shown well. A large crater had appeared where he had stood a few seconds ago, and Celestian soldiers were falling from the sky.

Paladin of Light

03-01-2012

Hey guys, sorry about the delay. I'll write the next chapter soon.

Paladin of Light

03-04-2012

Chapter 6:
Michæl strode through the halls toward the Corrupted base where he had been ordered to go. He had been told nothing else, and had immediately responded to the order. He was getting close, and could hear the voices of Morgana and her officers talking strategies. It wasn't long before he was standing before four officers (and Morgana).
"Welcome!" one of the officers said.
Michæl nodded in his direction," I was asked to report here."
"Yes," Morgana said," We have an assignment for you," she motions for him to take a chair as the rest of them sit," We have reports of a Celestian division moving up to one of our outposts in the south. It's name is Eulontica, we we're able to take it back recently and it seems they don't want us to hold it. I want you to assist the forces there to capture and hold most of their division. Let the rest escape and spread word of their fate. Is that understood?"
"Yes ma'am!" Michæl responded.
"You leave immediately, head south for here for about and hour than go east for a small time. After that you will see Eulontica and you shall begin your mission. Now go, time is of the essence." Morgana finished
Michæl nodded - and donned his helmet than ran off the balcony and flew with her directions in mind.
Morgana grinned at the thought of her plan. If executed perfectly - it would intimidate the entire Celestian army. Perhaps maybe then, her sister would realize defeat was inevitable. She walked by the perfectly rowed trainees in her army and looked at the officer - she nodded and the man breathed a sigh of relief. She then left to the command center as the troops began to start training on the fields.
Michæl flew through the storm that was brewing above him. He didn't fly high enough to touch the clouds, so he was fine for now. He could see the base in sight and he was getting tired of flying. He saw the battle raging by it and decided that going into the base from the rear would be the better idea. In a few minutes he had landed and had found the Corrupted Officer - Captain Rankor.
"Where am I needed?" Michæl asked simply, his armor wet with the rain water.
"Do as you please, any area would be good," Rankor responded. And so began the scythe through the battlefield.
Sub-Lieutenant Shad of the Celestian Army was on the West flank when Michæl struck on the East. He saw the damage that Michæl had begun to wreak and decided to try to end it. So he ordered two of his men to follow as he took his bow with him. As he got close Michæl was slicing a Celestian across the chest and summoning spikes to hit a Legionnaire in the chest. Shad strung two arrows as his comrades charged at Michæl. The first man took a spike to the chest while the other was stabbed by his dual bladed sword. Shad's arrow flew true and hit Michæl in the shoulder. He could see him spin in a circle and go to a knee as he notched another arrow. Michæl pulled the arrow out and stood up. Shad unleashed his next arrow and it zimmed at Michæl with a bright glow around it. Michæl jumped as it exploded beneath him and flew into Shad. Shad attempted to hit him with his bow but Michæl dodged and kicked him away. Shad flew from the battlefield and crashed into the ground unconscious. His bow hit the ground next to him and slid to a halt.
Centurion Timothy of the 2nd Division watched as his Commanding officer, Colonel Fredrick Stonehelm order his troops around furiously fast. A few squads had already fallen to this Michæl person and he wasn't getting any happier. Finally the Colonel looked at him and gave him the nod. Timothy flew up and looked for his target. He spotted him striding through the battlefield - ignoring most of the Celestian troops. Tim pulled his battle axe out and flew straight at Michæl. Michæl saw him coming and parried with his sword. But the result was Michæl flying backwards into a trio of Corrupted. He flipped back up and saw Tim spin his axe and taunt him. Michæl jumped at him and slashed at him with his sword. Tim dodged then parried. He swung his axe at Michæl neck. He dodged the axe and stabbed Tim in the shoulder, then slashed him across the chest. He then kicked Tim backwards which made him drop his weapon. Michæl seeing a threat no more, began to move on. Tim tried to get up, but a body fell onto him. He looked up at the sky as it blurred into nothingness.
Michæl strode through the battlefield looking calm among the fierce warriors around him. Whenever some brash or brave Celestian soldier dared to attack him he merely deflected the attack or wounded the man. No need to kill unless they are determined, he thought. He had faced very little resistance when he found himself in the dead center of the battle. He looked left, then right, then soared into the air and came plummeting down. The catastrophic result of the blast shown well. A large crater had appeared where he had stood a few seconds ago, and Celestian soldiers were falling from the sky and most of them weren't dead.
Good, he thought, this is a change of pace. He then turned and walked back to his commanding officer as the Celestians retreated.
"My job here is finished, you will receive a report from Morgana soon," Michæl said. He then turned to the west and began to fly. Leaving the other Corrupted in awe of him as he flew into the storm.
"Sub-Lieutenant Shad, we need to get out of here, they are searching for survivors," he responded. Timothy attempted to stand and felt his wounds, they were already partially healed.
"You do this?" he asked.
"Yes," Shad responded, hefting his bow.
"Good," Timothy said as he tested his wings to make sure they weren't damaged. Then both soared into the air and headed towards the fallback point to the north, hoping for more survivors.

Paladin of Light

03-07-2012

Preview of Chapter 7 -
Timothy and Shad were quickly and gently hefted into the medical tent by Celestian soldiers. They had long since passed out from exhaust.
"Ma'am they've traveled long and hard, but from where?" One of the soldiers asked.
"That, is privileged information," she responded. The soldier stared at her for a few seconds, then left, knowing that that information is probably not good for his ears.
"Healer," Kayle said as one of them passed," I want these men on their feet.....as soon as possible."
"Yes ma'am," he said as he walked away.
"No," she growled angrily," Work on them, now." The doctor looked at her then at a patient with more less fatal injuries and immediately set to work on Tim. He would rather stay a listening officer to a stubborn legionnaire.

Paladin of Light

03-09-2012

I will write the next chapter soon, it's just been a hectic week for me and I don't have time to write a ot.

Paladin of Light

03-11-2012

Srry, having connection problems and am now writing two stories on differing games, will post ASAP tho.