Michæl, Centurion of Celestia.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paladin of Light

01-27-2012

"Michæl, good to see you again," Kayle said as she indicated for him to sit. Michæl sat in one of the chairs and set his weapons on the table.
"Been a long time since I've actually had to see the Grand Praetor herself," Michæl responded.
"It's been a long time since we had a Code Black before." Kayle responded, a grim line where a smile had once been.
"I still don't understand, is this about the weapon?" Michæl asked quizzically.
"Yes Mike, it is," Kayle said. Michæl froze in place, he had only heard one person ever call him by that name, and she had since dissappeared.

Paladin of Light

01-27-2012

Michæl had been flying for tow hours now, his wings were cold, his eyes, evermore so. He saw the base in the distance, and felt a surge of adrenaline flow through his vein. But alas as the blizzard howled he couldn't bear it and fell into the large mounds of snow. He looked up into the sky and saw nothing,the clouds had entirely encompassed the mountain. And as the first glimmer of light shown through the clouds he fell into unconsiousness.
Michæl awoke to find himself in a medical tent inside of the Celestian outpost, he saw felt his wounds, they had been treated. He looked around and saw that he was on a cot near the front of the tent. Suprisingly nobody checked up on him.
"Doctor," he said as one of the doctors passed by," Am I cleared for duty?"
"Not currently, you can't stand on your frost-bitten leg," he responded.
"That's a load of..." Michæl began as he attempted to stand up, he then toppled over on his right leg, it was blue and he couldn't feel it. He also noticed, he was only wearing under-armor, so he decided it would be better to get back into bed.
After a few hours he was about to try again when Grand Praetor Kayle entered the tent. The tent went into silence as the Celestians all went to salute her.
"Resume,"She mereely said. She looked around and spotted Michæl and walked towards him. He almost got up to salute before she ordered him to stay.
"So, the Grand Praetor herself ehh?" Michæl mananged to grin.
"I'm here for your de-briefing," She said, then looked at his injury," Nasty wound you've got there, maybe I can fix the frostbite."
"Well...... heck, give it a shot," He responded. She put both her hands over the frostbitten leg and began chanting something in a mysertious language. His leg turned a better color with every word she spoke. After the spell was complete, Michæl stood and put his armor on. Kayle then led him to the de-briefing room.
As soon as both of them were in, she shut and locked the door, then indicated for him to sit.
"Michæl, good to see you again," Kayle said.
"Been a long time since I had the honor of being in the prescence of a Grand Praetor," He responded in a like-wise fashion.
"It's been a long time since we had a Code Black of this magnitude," she said.
"Code Black?"
"A weapon of this magnitude."
"So this is about the weapon she mentioned, not the mission itself?" Michæl asked cautiously.
"Yes Mike, it is," she said. Michæl froze, he had only heard one person ever call him by that name, and she had convereted the the Corrupted's cause.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yes, it's just, well......I doubt you would know...." he stammered.
"About what?" she asked.
"Nothing," he responded quickly.
"I see," she said, noting that he was hiding something," This information is unknown to all but a select few, and it must stay that way. The risk of losing the war is at stake," She pauses, to take a breath," This weapon forces dark magic into the body of Celestians, causing them great agony as they are converted to Corrupted. They then will serve the Corrupted with all their will, and will sacrifice their life for their cause if need be. Your mission from now on will be to destroy it, you only report to me, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!?"
"Yes ma'am, crystal clear."
"So, any questions?" she asked.
"When's the first mission?"

Paladin of Light

01-28-2012

Preview of Chapter 3:
Michæl stood, knowing someone was coming to the door. He drew one of his blades and cracked the door open. Three of the informants men were searching the rooms. He cursed, this was going to be a whole lot harder.
"Well," the informant said," Are you going to kill me?"
"More like the opposite," he responded," You have information I need, and I will do anything it takes to get it." The men were closing in on his door now, the informant grinned," You could have just said that, instead of kidnapping me."
"You don't understand do you, Morgana always makes sure that the leaks are filled." Michæl said.
"You apparently don't understand either," he responded, then the men kicked the door open and the chaos begun.

Paladin of Light

01-29-2012

"Michæl, your objective on this mission is to merely retrieve the information from our informant in the criminal ridden hideout called Haven. He will meet you at the Hotel Reynolds in room 208. If you show any signs of hostility he will run. So you must be extremely......careful with this one. You leave immediately," Kayle finished the briefing," A word of advise Mike, be cautious around him - he can do very unexpected things."
Michæl froze, that name again, but this time he was quicker to recover and Kayle didn't notice. He picked up his weapons and found picked the map up off her desk, he memorized it quickly and set off to the deepest scum-hole on the map.
Michæl walked through the trash ridden streets of Haven, trudging through things that made the strongest of men feel weird on the inside. He had found the hotel, but sadly, the name was better then the denizens. Men were using a drinking a green substance that made their faces go red and their eyes almost POP out of their face. He walked past calmly, not caring about the abuse of magic and substance. As he walked through he noticed numerous char marks, frozen spots, and gaping holes in the walls. He also noticed that there were numerous people watching him as he walked through the halls, as if he was uninvited. Right before he went to open the door to the stairs a man his height walked in the way.
"You ain't from around here," he said. Two of the mans friends stood beside him, blunt weapons in hand.
"You are correct," Michæl responded, gripping his blades.
"No entry," the man said.
"I have a meeting,' Michæl said, trying to give them a chance," With a very important supplier."
"No entry, now GET OUTA HERE!" the man said as he picked up Michæl by the collar of his cloak and pushed him back a few feet. Both blades were out in a second, the first of his friends tried to bash Michæl's ribs in. He dodged and sliced him across the chest then hit the other friend as the man charged at him. The man was about to pull out a weapon when Michæl put the sword to his throat and tapped him out of the way.
As Michæl walked up the stairs he noticed less damage to the levels. Then he reached his floor and opened the door. There was significantly less damage to this floor, but there were still a few scorch marks and frozen walls. He opened the door to 208 then entered, two men attempted to grab him but he flew forward and all they got was his cloak. He spun and summoned three ice shards and sent them into the men. One had taken two to the chest, the other, one to the stomach. Both fell and didn't get up.
"I see you made it," the informant said,walking out from a side room to Michæl.
"So, you're the one with the information," Michæl responded as he cleaned his blades then fluidly shoved them back into their scabbards.
"If you need what I think you need, then yes I have it," the informant grinned. Michæl grabbed his cloak and put it back on. Sadly it had already been bloodstained by the two dead men.
"How much does it cost," Michæl asked, as he pulled out a pouch.
"A lot more than that I'm afraid," he responded. Forgetting his temper, Michæl drew his sword and put it close to his throat.
"Sorry," Michæl said," I've had some complications on the way." Michæl walked to the door and cracked it open. Three of the informants men were coming, they were armed with short swords and didn't look happy. They also didn't look like the average guards.
"Well, what is it?" the informant asked quietly.
"Morgana always likes to keep her leeks filled," Michæl responded," I need to know, where's the weapon?"
"You apparently don't understand the first that much," the informant said as the door flew open. Michael threw one of his three bladed glaives at the first one, then interlocked his swords and sliced the other two's throats. Three Corrupted, dead in seconds.
The informant backed away, knowing that Michæl was ticked.
"Where is it?" Michæl asked.
The informant muttered one word," Suffering." Then an arrow flew threw the window and hit the informant in the chest.
"She'll be there Michæl, she'll be there," the informant said, then died. Michæl looked out the window to see a Corrupted Archer preparing another shot, the threw a glaive that caught the man in the chest and sent him falling off the building with a weird scream. Michæl jumped out the window, spread his wings, and flew towards a section of the wall where there were few guards. He then flew away to the Celestian Outpost to report to Kayle, he had a mission, and was ready for it.

Paladin of Light

01-29-2012

Just want to do a headcount, since I reached over 100 views! So, post if you've read at least 1 chapter.

Foksy

01-29-2012

The name Celestia is the princess from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
should check it out, good show

Paladin of Light

01-30-2012

You really shouldn't know that, but actually I stole it from a Starcraft 2 game type called Squad TD, Ranked #1 in North America. Go ahead, look it up.

Paladin of Light

01-30-2012

Preview of Chapter 4:
"Where am I?" Michæl asked.
"You are in the Labyrinth," Morgana's telepathic response sounded, well - like she was getting what she wanted," The longer you stay in it, the more it drains you. Then you shall fall, and will be captured."
"Great," Michæl said," Best I get going." Then he began the travel through the massive maze. He could already feel the sap in his strength, then realized what was to come.

Paladin of Light

02-01-2012

Sorry it's taking longer to post, I've been a little busy.

Paladin of Light

02-07-2012

Chapter 4-
Michæl stood waiting for Kayle to pass him as she briefed the troops. This mission was vital to the outcome of the war, she had said to them, and nothing was going to stop them from accomplishing it. It had taken numerous days to plan the mission. And even then, most of the Celestian battalion that would attack the fortress wouldn't even know what the true purpose was. The plan, was to have a force of Celestian troops to attack the fortress, forcing Morgana and her troops to guard it. Michæl, who will already have been in by that time would sneak to the location of the weapon, place a charge of phosphorus, and escape in the chaos. The fortress would either be overwhelmed, or at least damaged in the process.
"Ok," Kayle said, finishing the briefing," Let's do this."
"Alright," he said, pulling the cloak over his head," I'll be back."
As the attack began on the fortress Michæl was running silently through a hidden passage, he had hoped Morgana hadn't been able to find the way in and he was happy that he didn't have to improvise. He climbed the ladder at the end of the semi-dark tunnel and found himself in an empty, abandoned house.
Well, he thought, at least no surprises waiting. He could hear the sound of metal clashing with metal and rocks larger than he slamming against the wall. He drew both his blades and ran through the deserted streets of the evil place. He kicked open the door of the Corrupted laboratory and three ice shards flew into the three guards. He then froze a scientist as he attempted to ring the alarm bell and slit the throat of the last scientist with his blade as the scientist attempted to summon something to harm him. He then sprinted down the large flight of stairs that he hoped ( as intelligence had shown ) led to the weapons facility. He stopped when he entered the room, then turned and attempted to go up the stairs again. The stairs had disappeared, only ceiling remained. He was in the center of a giant maze.
"Where am I?" Michæl asked to nobody in particular.
"You are in the Labyrinth," Morgana's telepathic response sounded, well - like she was getting what she wanted," The longer you stay in it, the more it drains you. Then you shall fall, and will be captured."
"Great," Michæl said," Best I get going." Then he began the travel through the massive maze. He could already feel the sap in his strength, then realized what was to come.
He had already made his first wrong turn and ended up in a dead end, he already felt his heart beating faster and himself getting weaker. He turned and walked down another path, only to end up in another dead end.
"Well," he said to himself weakly," Just dandy."
He took his first right turn after that but tripped on a small stone while walking the path. He pushed himself back up slowly. He then continued to walk down that path until he fell from weakness. Then he crawled until he hit yet another dead end. Then he surrendered and pulled out the phosphorus charge and began to arm it when he fell into unconsciousness. A pair of Elite Corrupted followed Morgana through the Labyrinth. When she spotted Michæl prone form she grinned and ordered her troops to recover the body. Then they began dragging him back to the surface.
"Ungh," Michæl moaned as he opened his eyes, he was being dragged into one of the Buildings in the innermost part of the fortress. He still felt extremely weak and hopeless, as this had been the first time he had been captured. The large building was dimlit, and it composed of numerous rooms surround a large central circular room. In the center of that room was a large device that looked, well, evil. It had multiple Iron restraints, weird devices hanging out above it. He was thrown onto the table with restraints and they locked the restraints onto him. Then they began operating what looked like the control panel on the other side of the room. He looked up and saw some of the devices start to glow with dark ish green energy. He attempted feebly to escape the restraint but to no avail. He then looked straight up as something flashed and then screamed as beams shot out of the machine and onto his body. His eyes and mouth open shown light from within. He continued to scream as his body changed. His skin color turned more like the corrupted's, his wings turned purple - like Morgana's, his very mind itself changed.
When the Dark Energies had filled him, they shut off the machine. The platform rose to where Michæl was in a near standing position. Then the restraints loosened and he stood.
"It's been a long time," Morgana said as she walked up to him.
Michæl nodded," It has been, my love."
Morgana went up and kissed him on the lips and said," It's good to have you back."