(Open RP All Welcome) A Valorian Legend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorRush

01-27-2012

Terence grasped Mephisto's hand in a firm shake. "I'm Terence, glad to meet you." He saw the crystal on Mephisto's chest and his eyes widened in interest. "Oh, looks like you've got a piece of the Kalamanda lode. Or, it looks a lot like one, from what I've seen. Have you been there?"

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

"This? Yeah, it's from Kalmanda. I was there a few months back when the gems and gold was discovered."
Mephisto paused.
"It's tragic how the events turned out there, yet somehow my father still managed to make a sizable profit..." Mephisto thought about it some more and frowned but quickly changed back to the conversation.
"Anyways, I'm surprised at how fast you recognized it, were you there yourself when that happened?"

Jaykoboy

01-27-2012

((Okay, I got tempted. Joining! http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1351))

Dearthair sat on the roof above the square, looking down on the crowds. His hair blew softly in the wind, not restrained by anything. Everything was peaceful...granted, crowded, loud, mobile...but peaceful nonetheless. His eyes were ever-alert. His main task was to figure out who he was, true, but that wasn't his first task. No, it was to protect the innocent. A job he did without quivering.

There was a lady knight with apparent healing powers entering the square...a few simple knights here and there...and then a glare of light caught his eyes. Looking down, he saw a pair of knights. One was cloaked in gemmed armor, the other was relatively simple. They were only talking, however, so there was no cause for alarm. Lastly, his eyes settled on a women who was peacefully feeding pigeons near a fountain. So quiet...not distracted by the flamboyant display...

Not noticing the approaching pickpocket.

He could sense it was a pickpocket. He wasn't sure whether it was just his cowled head, or his fast walk, or the fact that he was approaching the little-noticed woman who had enough money to give food to the poor. He just could tell. With a quick leap, he came down silently into a side-alley, his legs not feeling any pain nor collapsing. He ran towards the lady and the pickpocket. He was already reaching for her pockets, ready to take what he wanted.

There was a flash of gray, and the man recoiled. His hand had been cut, not severely, but still enough to let him know he was noticed. Dearthair stood besides the woman, his crystal longsword gleaming in the light. "Run."

The pickpocket obliged, fleeing away. Putting his sword back on his back, Dearthair sat down next to the woman. "I apologize for the abruptness, madam. I'm not so fond of pickpockets, though."

ThorRush

01-27-2012

Seeing Mephisto's reticence, Terence suppressed his curiosity in favor of a more somber tone.

"Myself? I was here in Demacia. I actually work at the Artificer's Guild. Back when Demacia had the mining contract, several of the guilds were commissioned to study and experiment with them. I've worked with some myself and they're honestly incredible, but I'm sure you know that." Terence let himself grin at the shared knowledge.

((edit: Jayko! Oh dear, um, I'm going to pretend Dearthair appeared after Terence said the stuff in this post. Also, Quoi, DeepWater Dragon's character, is next to the woman as well.))

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Mephisto suddenly noticed a flurry of action by the woman he was observing earlier. A man ran toward her and a girl by the bench, and sliced off the hand of another man behind her.

"HEY!!!"

Not knowing exactly what happened but seeing the women in apparent danger, Mephisto started running towards the scene, but realizing he had no weapons on him other than a dagger he turned back to Terrence.

"Come on! We gotta go help them!"

Saying that, he drew his dagger and ran to the women. Standing in front of the man with the crystal sword, he demanded, "What are you doing!"

Necromonger

01-27-2012

...A man offered to sit with Hilde, and she scooted over to let him sit. "Of course... it's no big. I am leaving soon, anyway." She was definitely young for a mercenary, speaking in slang.

The pickpocket, even if he succeeded, would've been disappointed- Hilde carried no possessions other than her blade and her dress, and she was able to obtain the foodstuffs by helping the baker with a small job. She noticed the pickpocket easily and ignored him, almost sad to ruin his day. Maybe he'd like some food instead.

She was about to act when Dearthair appeared, and she stayed her hand. Seeing the cutpurse run away, she politely -and enthusiastically thanked him for it. "It wouldn't have mattered. I've no money on me."

ThorRush

01-27-2012

Terence turned as Mephisto ran past him and caught sight of the commotion. He briefly moved to draw his sword before realizing it was over.

"It's alright! A guilty man doesn't stay at the scene!" He followed Mephisto at a less frantic pace and yelled at the people the way the hooded man had run. "Hey! Stop him!"

He hoped his fellow Demacians wouldn't let such a brazenly defiant law breaker escape. Terence reached Mephisto's side and saw the woman speaking with the man dressed in leathers and furs.

Necromonger

01-27-2012

Demacia, the city of justice, order and law, does not tolerate petty theft within its boundaries. Vigilant home guard would swiftly catch the thief and dismiss the crowd, people knowing all about the Draconian punishments that was the fate of any would be criminal inside the city.

"You really think to get away with crime in Demacia? It'll be ten years of hard labor at the camp for you." one of the guards said, dragging the thief kicking and screaming away to his impending fate.

Meanwhile at the fountain Hilde was engaged in conversation with the strangers when she remembered just how harsh her old homeland had become. In the blink of an eye, she was there- then the next, gone like the wind. Only very acute senses could catch she had moved with the speed of a whirlwind, running down the streets and catching up with the Guard.

She stopped in front of the guards. She spoke to them for a few moments. The next thing they knew, Hilde had talked Demacians into leniency. With a few choice words, the would be pickpocket was free, and before him was the woman... who accidentally left her sword.

"I hope you've learned your lesson... whoever... you are. Crime doesn't pay, and this is the last city you want to be caught." She said matter-of-factly, like a mother lecturing a child. She awaited his reaction- though in general, for a criminal to be actually shown leniency in the city of hard-line law was more miraculous than turning lead into gold.

Jaykoboy

01-27-2012

Dearthair looked down the street at the woman, who was talking to the guards who had apprehended the thief. "Fast one. Ah well, none of my business."

He stood up to leave, but as he looked at the fountain, he saw a sword laying there. He picked it up. Turning to face another woman on the fountain, he held it out. "Excuse me, is this yours?"

((The other woman is you, Deepwater.))

Necromonger

01-27-2012

((Is the thief inconsequential? Then I'd assume he'd break down in tears as he just got off the hook in demacia.))