(Open RP All Welcome) A Valorian Legend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorRush

02-24-2012

Martin overextended in his attack, putting him off balance. Taking advantage of the opening, Teelas's unexpected maneuver hit its mark, entirely piercing through the soldier. As plant growth sprouted from the wound, battling the unnatural shadow surrounding the Demacian, Martin seemed to return to himself. He gasped in pain and held his head in his hands. Weakly, he asked, "What's ... going on?"

((After this, I think we should wait for people to come back))

Rafeo

02-24-2012

Before Removing the blade form Martin. Teelas explained what happened. "You kinda went crazy with dark energy, and attacked those people over there." He gestured to the group of dauntless vanguard. "So I stabbed you."

Teelas removed the blade and turned to the vanguard. "Where is your healer? This guy is going to need medical attention."

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Mephisto was behind the guards during the commotion, so he couldn't help much, but as the corrupted soldier calmed down he finally got through the lines of soldiers to where Terence just is.
Noticing the vines sprouting from The man's sword, he asked Terence. "Hey Terence, those vines. Weren't they there yesterday at the abbey? I think he might've been the one following us yesterday,"

Rafeo

02-24-2012

((I'm just gonna let you know now. Teelas is an incredibly good liar. You will never be able to pin him with something he doesn't want you to. Also, vines tend to be fairly indistinguishable from other vines. For all the group would know, the vines were already growing there when they arrived.))

ThorRush

02-24-2012

((Magically twisting and moving vines - good samaritan vines, they were both helping people - are distinguishable from normal vines though))

Terence raised an eyebrow, surprised. "You think so? I almost thought that that was one of the witches, but now that you mention it, I think you might be right."

As Teelas removed his sword, the shadow left Martin's body, leaving him wounded and limp. His friends rushed to his side. One of them said, "Our captain went to the University for help, we should go meet him. You have the Vanguard's gratitude, traveller." Carefully, they lifted their injured comrade into the wagon and set off.

As the crowd's murmurs built back up into its normal chatter, Terence approached the green clothed man. "That was a handy bit of swordsmanship. You've got some audacity and some strong morals, standing up against a possessed man like that. Good job, sir."

Rafeo

02-24-2012

((I maintain that Teelas' vines and normal vines are indistinguishable. -A side note, when Teelas hid in the forest, he grew many different types of foliage. When he subdued Michel he used one type of very thick vines.))

((Oh, and you'll have to find some reason for Teelas to stay btw. He's not going to stay on his own.))

"Thank you" Teelas' reply was curt. Not wanting to waste any time in not being anywhere near where he had just stabbed a dauntless vanguard. Teelas turned on his heel and started to stride away.

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

((It's more of vines that move and grab onto people than it is how the vines look. :P))

Still curious about the man, Mephisto reached into his pouch and took out his crystal. Yesterday he figured out by accident that placing the crystal in the pouch cut of his emotional link to everyone, so he kept it there, just in case it decided to take over and explode again. A little emotion reading can't hurt though.

While Terence did have a point that the vines yesterday could've been a witch, it didn't seem like any of them controlled plants.

Approaching the man, Mephisto felt that he was nervous, which made since considering what just happened. After responding to Terence's greeting him the man turned to walk away.

Focusing on the man's emotions to make sure he can read any subtle changes, Mephisto called out to him. "Hey wait, did you happen to be around the old abbey yesterday?"

ThorRush

02-26-2012

Terence played along with Mephisto’s question and asked, “Yes, I’ve only seen magic like that once before. Can I ask how you did that with your sword?”

Meanwhile, Sherman, the Vanguard captain, arrived at the square again, looking frantically through the crowd. He spotted Terence and started pushing his way towards his old comrade as his squad ran in behind him, with additional mages.

Rafeo

02-26-2012

((You don't have to edit your post DoS, but Teelas doesn't get nervous. Not really his style.))

"Yeah," Teelas replied "I was there before sun up yesterday morning to pray. "Why do you ask?"

In reply to Terence's question, Teelas turned. "I learned it from the Demacian military. I was in a battalion of combat mages. I took part in the skirmish over the northern highway. Did you by chance serve during that battle as well?"

ThorRush

02-26-2012

“Ah, I see. Yes, I was deployed with the Dauntless Vanguard for that engagement, and I remember we had some battle mages on our side. Those bog bandits are a real pain, we could never eliminate them.”
Terence relaxed somewhat, having found out the swordsman was a fellow Demacian vet.
“It’s a bit of a coincidence, but we were up at the abbey yesterday as well.” He glanced at Mephisto, noticing the crystal in his hand, and let him continue.

Behind them, Sherman was struggling through the crowd, trying to reach the group quickly with as little disturbance as possible.