(Open RP All Welcome) A Valorian Legend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Following Terence's command, Mephisto quickly grabbed Hilde's fallen sword. Strengthening his grip Mephisto had to quickly decide where to strike. The arm that held Hilde, the deathknight himself, or the blade. Hilde seemed in no more trouble as Dearthair shielded her. Mephisto felt like he would only have this one chance to strike while Garviel was kept busy by Terence, Nwol. As Garviel turned to parry Dearthair's attack, he exposed his sword. Mephisto made his decision, swing the blade as hard and fast as he can at the dark frosted blade of the Deathknight. Hoping whatever magic that emanated from the pure blade can shatter the sword and release the source of Garvielís power, the three blades connected with a thunderous noise.

((Maybe big boom? ))

Jaykoboy

02-06-2012

((Jayko wants big boom is the only time Jayko talks in third person. That, and when Jayko goes where he please.))

Necromonger

02-06-2012

Nwol's attack caused Garviel to lower his guard, allowing the companions to take initiative and deliver their attacks. Deathair's shield struggled against the death knight's unholy grip, though it was just enough to let Hilde take in air and have the strength to kick Garviel in the face. This only further loosened his unbelievable grip.

Terence's attack struck true, causing a crack in the unholy warrior's gauntlet and finally relenting, allowing Hilde to tumble backwards with fine grace, though as always, striking the death knight caused Terence more pain- a terrible shock as retributive energies attempt to cripple him.

Mephisto's assault sealed the battle, the malice of the (shadowy, dark,) deathblade (of doom) was crippled by Hilde's own weapon. Garviel's entire arm exploded in a bright flash of light, sending crumbing pieces of his hand and gauntlet everywhere, the jagged blade embedding itself in the chapel's floor, rapidly cooling and corrupting its immediate surroundings. The blade protects Mephiston from the retributive aura of the death knight. (sucks to be Terence right now... but hey, heal sequence later.)

The unholy warrior falls to his knees... though with his remaining strength, he draws his last pestilent blade and stabs at Mephiston's abdomen, leaving the vile weapon there - before his remaining arm slumps down in weakness.

Hilde gasped for air, her throat visibly blackened from the monster's touch. She too fell to her hands and knees, struggling for air, her windpipe swollen. "It... is over..." She said, in a rasping voice. Even injured though, she tried to reach Mephisto, the last target of the cursed one's treachery.

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

((...))
((That post definately lengthened, and here I thinking, hey I got out of this fight relatively unharmed. Lol.))
The fight seems to be over, the death knight's arm shattered and a chilling and corrupted aura seemed to be his last act of vengence, but Hilde's sword protected him from the evil powers. Relaxing and releasing his spells so no more mana drained from himself, Mephisto was about to aid Terence, who was heavily injured and in danger from the corrupted magic seeping from the shattered blade. Suddenly, Garviel surged forward, with one last blade. Without his enhancements Mephisto was unable to avoid the attack, even though it wasn't nearly the speed in which Garviel fought before.

A sharp pain appeared in his abdomen. At first, that was all, but it was more than a normal blade. Like all of the death knights other weapons, the flesh began to freeze and blacken. The blade drained the energy from Mephisto too fast, and he pestilence spread too fast. Mephisto crumpled down onto the floor, unable to move as his entire midsection froze over. The pestilence continued to spread, with nothing he could do.

I'm dying? Already? It's only the first day...I haven't even seen the world yet.

Maybe father was right. Maybe I should've stayed a merchant.

But it was fun. Maybe the next life will be better. I guess it's time for the greatest adventure, death.

Mephisto became calm as he accepted his fate. The spell was too powerful. Even if his companions could help, it'll probably be too late.

But I don't want to die yet. Not yet. I want to live.

His calm suddenly broke. Another voice, another emotion flooded him. His crystal glowed, a surge of power flowed throuh him, seeking and hunting down the corruption in his body. Fiery pain immediately blossumed in his midsection, followed by a numbing cold. Icy crystals from dead frozen flesh fell upon the ground like a snake's shed skin. Underneath, smooth blue crystal remained.

Unable to move still, Mephisto said to no one in particular, "I'm still alive."
A voice in his head replied,"Yes we are." and fell silent once more.

Nwol

02-06-2012

Nwol limped over to Hilde and moved to support her, whatever taint and corruption that may have cause her harm would seap into Nwol, seemingly devouring it. He knew the saint, a compatriot of his and he was not about to let her die. He looked about, scanning the damage.

Necromonger

02-07-2012

There was no particular taint on Hilde- her pure heart and resilient spirit shielded her from the worst the death knight could inflict. She had simply suffered accelerated hypothermia, taking copious amounts of cold damage and causing her windpipe to stiffen. With Nwol's aid, Hilde is able to get to her feet.

"We... we need to get down there into the crypts. Can some of you carry our wounded?" she asked the healthier members of the companions. Luna rejoins the group now that the combat is over, with another rabbit- white, with a ruby on her head- behind him.

The two strange (but cute and fluffy) familiars brought Hilde's sword to the door beneath the broken altar, causing its sliding mechanisms and gears to slowly slide open, a circular staircase descending into the catacombs. To one's relief, the catacombs had no unusual energies or emanations.

Garviel himself simply knelt there, Nwol's psychic assault finally taking their toll, locking him in place, the unholy warrior's mind forced to confront his sins- but whether he is willing to atone is another question. Meanwhile, the wicked rune blade emanated a vile frost where it had landed. Its owner defeated, the soul eater fell silent, inert- retreating deep within itself, its presence becoming greatly decreased.

Elithik

02-07-2012

Quoi walked after the others carrying a peeved Kyako. "He didn't even pay attention to my attack." Kyako complained. "Just because one attack doesn't work doesn't mean you can cop out," Quoi said sternly, "They could of used your help more."
"I didn't see you doing anything!" Kyako exclaimed indignantly.
"If you haven't noticed I'm injured." Quoi countered.
"Cop out." Kyako muttered under his breath. Quoi pretended not to hear.
They watched Garviel kneel in the catacomb, waiting for him to do the right thing and atone for his sins.

DoS Trojan

02-07-2012

Mephisto sat up, recovered from the corruption, all that remained is patch of strange crystal skin.
"What's under here? Is it safe to bring the injured? I won't be much help either if there's a fight, I can barely walk."

Necromonger

02-07-2012

((Sorry Deep, but your attack lacked detail. I can't really work with just 'beam of light', was it holy in nature? or natural energy? was it intended to blind? undead are immune to blinding attacks. burn undead? also, I got carried by the fight. This happens sometimes.))

"This... is the place where the true martyr, Hildeguarde Von Ravencroft, lies in state. Or at least, whatever is left of her. It is a sacred place... " Her voice was still raspy from her injured vocal cords. Leaning on Nwol, she awaited for everyone to gather so they could descend. She looked at the phantom form of the death knight, slowly fading away in wisps of black smoke.

"...He has been defeated. If there is anything resembling a 'knight' in him, he will take no more action."

DoS Trojan

02-07-2012

"Say, Hilde, what connections do you have with Garviel and this place? You said you wanted to check out Hildeguarde von Ravencroft, but then we had to fight when we arrived. You went straight for the fake saint, Garviel seemed to know you, your blade was capable of killing him, and it's also a key to the catacombs of the saint. This has to be more than just a coincidence, who are you?"