Last hitting tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BakkaKun

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kard1nal View Post
I have been trying hard to get up my cs a lot. I would really like to get out of my 850 elo; and i think last hitting is my ticket out. Problem is, i can never get over 90 at 17minutes. Although everyone else's is much lower, i see pros getting like 200 at 22 minutes. I have mostly ArP marks for lategame and a few AD marks/quints. Are there any ways i can improve my last-hitting? Should i go more for early game damage/easier last hitting or keep the ArP for late-game ownage? What is a reasonable goal (ex: 100@15min?)

Edit: I have been practicing last-hitting with Ezreal but i would like to be able to get a good amount of cs with champs like cait/graves
well if you last hit under turret as an ad, let the turret hit the melee minions 3 times then auto,and the squishy casters might be a bit harder, but if you are pushing and whatnot just wait untill it has about 5 less than the damage you do and then atack it

BakkaKun

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
Last hitting won't save you from elo-hell, just putting it out there.
there is no "elo hell" it is just a myth and if you play carries and farm/win your lane you can carry the whole team, especialy with duo que.

Boomstick II

01-28-2012

Practice last hitting with someone like Soraka and don't use any ArP or AD runes/masteries on.

That's not an easy thing to do.

Ervex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
Practice last hitting with someone like Soraka and don't use any ArP or AD runes/masteries on.

That's not an easy thing to do.
That is never an easy thing when last hitting as a support.

PlayWithMe69

01-28-2012

Just be aware of how much damage your auto-attacks deal and how fast that minion's health is going down at the time.

A neat little trick you can do for practice (during a bot game): Zoom in as far as possible so you get a nice look at the minion's health bar. It helps you realize exactly how far their HP bar will go down when you hit them. So when you're zoomed out you have a better idea :3

General J Swain

06-06-2012

I need practice last-hitting too... I've spent so long as Support/Jungle that it's really hard for me to focus on last hits as AD Carry. If you're a numbers person, though, you can left click on a minion when it's low for its quantitative HP. Shoot it when your AD > its HP. That helps me when switching between characters/runepages.

Link Zeppeloyd

06-06-2012

Learn the 's' key.

Love the 's' key.

Link Zeppeloyd

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberballs View Post
well if you last hit under turret as an ad, let the turret hit the melee minions 3 times then auto,and the squishy casters might be a bit harder, but if you are pushing and whatnot just wait untill it has about 5 less than the damage you do and then atack it

Just gotta make a fix here - its two (2) turret hits on melee then you auto them.

For caster minions its a little trickier unless you learn how the tower targets but the basic formula is 1 auto attack - 1 tower hit - 1 auto for the kill

xCry0x

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Zeppeloyd View Post
Just gotta make a fix here - its two (2) turret hits on melee then you auto them.

For caster minions its a little trickier unless you learn how the tower targets but the basic formula is 1 auto attack - 1 tower hit - 1 auto for the kill
+1

Also, someone said to use a high dmg champion to get better.

I would say the opposite is true. Try last hitting as a champion with no AOE ability and weak damage.

If you can last hit with auto attacks on a champion such as kog'maw, ezreal or vayne then switching to tristana, ashe, graves or sivir is a cake walk because you can eventually start clearing the wave in 1 shot.

The most important thing is getting used to your champion, they all attack at different speeds so you can be great as one ad then miss every hit as another since the attack is a fraction of a second slower.

Also pay attention to your wave, if your opponent is auto attacking, aoeing and generally pushing the wave hard you will need to do so back. A common method is to plop shots down on various creeps to damage them all and keep an eye out for ones about to die with priority on the caster creeps because they die the quickest.