Good Assassin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Ajax

02-02-2012

I play Talon a lot [i have done well with akali too but you have to get a separate rune page for her] and I would really recommend him. If you get used to his playstyle, it really is GG for the squishies. Awesome damage output [with just a brutalizer], great harass and just all-round good pick for an assassin.

PS writing this makes me wish I wasn't at work so I could go on town with Talon right frickin now lol

Hyosun

02-03-2012

the two things that I really like about talon is his slipperiness. Invisibility. 40%ms, silence-blink... these allow him to be vulnerable for only short periods of time, if at all. The other thing is his farming ability. Knowing how to safely farm with Talon guarantees you large damage mid-game.

shaco is a great assassin as well. Come to think of it he's the epitome of the assassin. Insta-gibness, extremely hard to catch, and overpowers his target with damage and debuffs. Jungling isn't easy though, and playing shaco well is an art form.

Personally I like Kass. Silence screws people over... they can't even flash out. And above all else, mobility.

bornl3gacy

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPoint1 View Post
Since you mentioned that you like to play tanky champs, perhaps you would like Poppy? She is classified as an assassin and when played right she is downright scary as hell.
Of course, if you want one of the other's mentioned by RA, a just something to note about Talon: he ooms, really hard if you're not careful. Ever since his nerfs a while back, he has had a somewhat troublesome mana issue. Yes, as I'm sure someone would point out, it was put in place to keep his W in check since it was very spamable. But, the extra cost they added on to it along with the mana regen reduction has made it so that in order to keep up harass ou would need to build a philo stone. This however hurts his damage alot early game, which is bad for assassins, especially talon. So to counteract this mana need, you gotta get mana regen runes and take the place of your armor which is really risky since you're so squishy to begin with.
TLR: IF YOU GET TALON, GET READY TO OOM AND NEED MANA RUNES. SO GET KENNEN INSTEAD =]
or you could just understand your mana consumption and instead trade auto attacks while last hitting over raking every 3 seconds which in reality if you are playing talon against a champion who is tanky enough to where you need to rake him to deal dmg then you didn't pick talon for the correct reason and should go oom for it.

plus raking pushes the minion wave which on a weaker early champ like talon is not very good.

NicoliTheCat

02-03-2012

Pantheon is one of my faves. Non-skillshot stun on demand, ****s out damage on squishies, and blocks incoming attacks, even some annoying abilities (Parrley). He just has trouble with more than one target...

Tokinatoor

02-03-2012

I like Tank Nocturne!

Wriggles, Mercs, Warmogs, Atmas, FoN and IE!

We be pimpin!

Yes Noct has a skill shot, but its one of the easiest skill shots to hit with in the game!

(I got a penta kill with this build before they nerfed him a little)

Kass is VERY GOOD too!

JxC

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
Akali is the best at what she does but.....

You need a specific rune page for her, that wont be good on anyone but her.

You need to be good at last hits (her build is expensive)

You need to be a pro with Flash

You need to get fed early, and its going to take a few games to understand when you can kill someone. If you end up in a lane (normally 1v1 top) with someone who doesn't know Akali well, its feeding time, you will kill them. It's inevitable. She is a noob slayer. But.... if they know her (play her themslevs) its tricky. If you dont get a little fed you're not gona get the items you need (sheen, hextech revolver, rylias) by mid game and you will fall off. When Akali is working though, she snowballs, and is insanly fun. I've had more triple kills with her than any other champ. You just see someone with health missing and begin to salivate.. nomnomnom.
i mostly agree with this post. she is definitely one of the best at what she does, but i think she is pretty simple to use in lower tier games and normals if you have common sense. she snowballs really fast as soon as she hits 6 and kills squishys almost instantly unless they are very very fed.
another assassin you can check out is leblanc. very good instantaneous burst and good at what she does, but that's about it. she is only good at what she does and nothing else.

nicokim13

07-04-2012

For me Lee Sin is a good assasin, he i f you jungle you are to powerful, he can help champoins with the safeguard

LoneChipmunk

07-04-2012

My choice would be LeBlanc, Shaco, or Kassidion. All have high mobility(especially lb with new patch) and can deal lots of damge instantly.

I Cookeh I

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Some great assassins are Akali, Kennen, Talon. Akali is probably the hardest to use out of the bunch but is a very effective 1v1 assassin. These champions have quite a bit of mobility which helps them to be in and out whenever necessary.

-RyuTres
akali is definitely not the hardest to use lol

A retarded dog

07-04-2012

I personally love Katarina. She can be written off easily if you only look at her ulti and say "CC and useless," but there is more to her than that and her best attribute is her passive. Not saying her ulti is bad though. if you time your ulti right and know when to join a team fight you can annihilate everyone very quickly.