Who counters Cho'Gath?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gothlane

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
also recently ive picked up and gotten pretty good with irelia, and ive been doing well against the few cho's ive laned against. at low levels his passive spike damage will be kindof a big deal, but he probably wont max that so it becomes less and less of a problem as the lane progresses. if youre in range when he drops his knockup under you, just q to him and then chase him as far as youre willing to go. still youll struggle to actually kill him in lane.. but with that said he pretty much cant kill you at all unless you make a mistake or get ganked or something
Why you level silence first and open with it, 3s silence is fun. Irelia is really the only "difficult" Cho lane, and only in the sense she can sustain so well kills won't happen without gank. Also, as top you can go all out movement (quits,0/21/9) and get away fairly easily. Nasus is the only real problem, and that is late game. Teemo? No health, 2-4 silences then a combo and he's done, a joke. No one can really, "poke him down", especially if they are a mana user. That is as top, jungle cho is a force and mid cho can be.... scary. Only hate Xerath and the new champ really mid lane.

Yaseeda

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Last few games I outfarmed Cho big time as Trynd at top lane.

WhoopsiGoldburg

02-19-2013

6 month necro op.

Regardless the few times I've taken him top I've beat a garen jayce and lee sin. I usually play cho mid and the only people who really give me trouble are champs with high mobility or an ability to keep me off creeps.

Cassio, Malz, Syndra and Morde seem to be the most obnoxious imo, It's largely a skill match up with them though. With cass giving me the most trouble.

Treza

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCFXx Avenger View Post
Cho is very strong in the lane phase. I would not say there is a "direct" counter. there are several champs that he has a hard time against. I would pick Irelia of the top of my head.

The reason he is not played in ranked is simple. He is just a big ball of HP that relies on short range skillshots. He is a tank with no armour. He is a mage with long cooldowns. He just doesn't fit in well. AND late in the game HP doesn't really matter(a vayne will tear through 5k NP) its all about armour.

hope that helps. Its not very encouraging, he needs a buff in my opinion.
i think you have no idea what youre talking about

uthaiwit

02-20-2013

because he need much time to build hp item
he is tank champion
if he don't have enough hp
he will be useless becuase all base stat. of all champion have low armor and magic resis

YoungGoN4v5

02-20-2013

Uh? I like how you asked a question and everyone and there mother with no idea what was going on decided to chime. In the North American tourny scene, the recent one that happened like 3 weeks ago, Cho' gath was like number 3rd most picked. He is a heavy picked champion. A month ago he was 20% picked with a 51% win ratio. He is now down to roughly 11-12% (platinum level play that is) so people are kindof pulling away from him but thats just soloque. competitive team is ripe with these nightmares. The trick to beating him is tons of damage. If you think someone like nasus will beat out a cho'gath than you are out of his mind. He exist to sustain till till 6 where he can kill crush destroy with his ult. He is definitely stronger jungle than top though.

Grimdreg

02-20-2013

Well in my opinion there is no "direct" counter to cho'gath. If you want to play someone who is good against him early game I would try playing Jax or kog'maw.

xDs Doctor Death

07-27-2013

Cho'Gath...

He can basically do anything, his weakest aspect is AD. I've tried everything with Cho.

He is a very good mid as he has very good sustain, and as long as you are good with him and land almost all of your ruptures.

Counters for Cho mid would (or at least the champs ive had problems with) are Leblanc, Kassadin, Akali....basically anyone who has very high mobility.

Blessed Raven

07-27-2013

Warwick counters cho hard up top. Your q deals damage based on opponents HP and heals you for a massive amount. Rush a wits end, start auto attacking him, after silence/stun use Q, Keep auto attacking, ult and ignite him, chogath is dead. Warwick is a direct counter

SWIFTWOLFX

07-27-2013

I had an interesting match up today in rank bronze-silver4 as darius vs cho top. It turn into a farming lane with both of us having flash and tp. We could get each other low but never finish. Both of us don't have the damage to 100% each other and such in 3 seconds so just turn into a boring drawn out fight. I eventually died after he flash away with like 200 hp after i messed up my ult in a 2v1.