Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who counters Cho'Gath?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crafter of Stars

02-05-2012

Quote:
Quick Rawr:
And a well played cho can farm under turret just fine by level 3.

I didn't make any reference to the minions being their as well...

7thcloud

Recruiter

02-06-2012

when I play cho top (only in pre-made with friends), i spec:

21+ on defensive tree
flat MR red
flat armor yellow
flat/scaling MR blues
flat health quints

there isnt really a way to push cho'gath out of a lane, esp with his passive. he heals about 200~ health per wave at lvl one, esp if he takes a teleport.

as other posters have mentioned, you need to be a better late game hero than cho'gath. if i see an opposing cho'gath, i choose nasus as a counter to him; farm for farm, he is much scarier end game. irelia at lvl 6 is hard to push out of lane, and at lvl 9, she will beat you. i imagine olaf to be a similar counter over time (while providing anti-carry capability).

in competitive play, i know hotshotgg used to use him a lot (i believe voyboy's renekton put an end to that). the problem is mostly with his 'q', it's not a dependable skillshot due to the big delay. his 'e' adds nothing to teamfights. his ult, while providing buff control, often does nothing more than chunk a tank's health (which is not that useful in a fight since you want to focus the carries).

Kidrik

02-07-2012

Quote:
Quick Rawr:
Yeah I got hardcore pushed by a tryndamere today, and once he hit level 6 it was gg for my lane. I mean... I killed him once and he killed me twice (once with a gank) and I think one of the major issues is my jungler didn't know how to jungle so he never ganked my lane and was 3-4 levels behind... but such is life sometimes. Tryn was ripe of the picking though. Bummer.

Just from personal experience I find Tryndamere's to be not that difficult to lane against with Cho.

Feral Scream blocks his ult, so harass him with rupture or Scream until he is low enough, then just try to combo him to kill him. If he spins at you just rupture underneath you and move away.

That being said, I've had huge problems against kog'maw and irelia. Health stackers are the problem for Cho in general since his feast is true damage. Whenever I see a rammus or a galio(sp?) I just laugh because I know how easily I'll be able to kill them.

huwayne

02-07-2012

shaco!!! ziggs counters well against cho

Quick Rawr

02-07-2012

I played some TT with Cho (I realize he's stronger in this game mode) and early game Xin just had so much burst that it was crazy! Late game he faded of course, but during the laning phase we ended up going 2-2 and gave me some thinking to do about how I played with him.

iPhailures

02-14-2012

Kog'Maw GG.

Lukevil

02-14-2012

Honestly, as terrible as this sound, a lot of champions can take on a cho' gath. He has limited mana and a lot of health, so many ad ranges can out lane him if they just keep taking shots at him from a far while occasionally dodging his attacks you'll be fine. The reason he isn't used is because he's slow. His initiation in team fights is easily dodged by anyone so people can surpass the "useless" part of him tanking

Dark Kuno

02-14-2012

Quote:
Mrps:
Can someone go through quick how AD Nid would be a counter to cho?

Thanks

Actually AP-hybrid Nid would be the better option. She'd be able to out sustain AND out damage him. Build a quick Philostone and just farm+Spear harrass. You give her Blue and she will destroy almost any solo top opponent with spear spam. And that's not counting the improved escape/kill secure bonus of the plentiful brush at top.

And then she hits 6 and flips the "Meow! This is MY lane!!" switch. She can even keep him from farming at tower with spears (especially since they do even more damage if she tosses them outside of turret range).

jetpotion

08-15-2012

Hes a universal pick.Just a immovable ***** in lane.Hes meant to stop early game bruisers from snowballing.But pick sustaining champions like nasus,warwick,irelia pick anybody with sustain and has scale into late game.

AlphariusRising

08-15-2012

In General Vayne and Kogmaw both can do mean, nasty things to a chogath, but not in lane.

In Lane, Kayle can Kite and Harass him easy, and Warwick can outsustain him, and his Q does % health.

Also, Nasus doesn't counter him specifically in lane or out of lane, but in-lane it's a very passive, farmy lane with very little kills, which Nasus likes.