Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A few questions about Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claus the Warden

01-25-2012

Ryze is my favorite character, and I believe my hardest lanes to date were a very good Gragas and a LeBlanc I've been told Cassiopeia eats Ryze, too(apparently bigfatjiji or someone else from CLG said so? not sure), but haven't experienced it firsthand, can't say I've faced a Xerath I'd consider any good yet, however.

Jayjdajetplane

01-25-2012

Not 100% certain but Cass seems to be pretty decent at countering Ryze, he has to stand still to be able to machine gun his spells and Cass has miasma and ult. Not swearing by it but seems to make sense.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Lol at the people who said veigar counters ryze its actually the other way around. But yes lb/xerath/gragas/zilean all good picks against ryze. Zilean vs Ryze is a good match up

Vanilla Squid

01-25-2012

Ryze is very strong when he gets his mana + defensive items and he can do a lot of things. But one thing he can not do is push a lane or take down a tower. As far as AP champs, anyone who can quickly clear a creep wave like Sion, Morgana, or Anivia will keep him pushed back to his tower missing CS while you can roam the map.

Werevark

01-26-2012

Ryze needs to be very close in order to use his combo, so champions with long range or poke do beat him. Gragas I can see being strong against him, Xerath is most likely powerful, and similar long-ranged APs. And you can always throw a AD mid like Caitlyn, and just completely neutralize him.