Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leona/Graves bot... Counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

11-30-2012

Quote:
Ocelot113:
Personally I'd try Cait/Taric. I think that could be effective seems how cait kinda needs the bush to hit the longer shots and Janna needs it also, plus Taric has sustain with the heals... Janna does not. Leona/Graves, you will be getting hit so having the heal is a must, imo. Key to beting them, I think is poke. They dont have the sustain of other combos and will have to back if you can keep chipping away. And to be honest Leona is not very tanky early game so even focusing her if she hits a trap and is out of place is not a terrible option. Just make sure to save that Taric stun for Graves.

Lastly, the trap/hard stun from Cait/Taric would be a nice combo.

I agree that the key to beating graves/leona is poke but I disagree with you getting hit when running cait/janna unless you get too close to leona which you don't really need to with cait.

taric/cait is also ok but taric doesn't have the same disengage as janna. Remember you're trying to poke at them not commit to a 2v2 fight.

A Fail Tale

11-30-2012

Quote:
Waylander Jarek:
Hello,

My fiance and I usually play Sona/Vayne bot. She's still learning some of the other support champs but she has Sona down pretty **** well. My Vayne isn't anything amazing, but it's above average. My problem, every time we run Sona/Vayne, it seems like Graves/Leona is the counter pick to it and those two have shat upon us every time. I am thinking those two counter Vayne more than Sona or is it both?

There was times I was just stupid, them capitalizing on a bad tumble, etc. But even if an exchange went our way, landing stunning Condemns, dodging Buckshot/Zeniths, they would still come out of it relatively healthy. Have never felt so helpless in a lane before. : / Is it just me? Am I bad? Is my Sona bad? Should Vayne/Sona stomp Graves/Leona or is it just a hard counter? Which leads to my next questions.

What counters them? Taric/Sivir is about the only thing I can come up with, unless Cait/Amumu then we're basically just running the same **** thing. I hate running Cait against Graves, knowing unless I run 20/0 w/ 2x his CS, I won't be able to keep up with that Graves late game. Amumu/Sivir? Sion/Sivir? Do we need to run ADC/Tank to counter ADC/Tank? I just can't see any support working in that situation, tbh.

This is, of course, under the pretense that the bot lane is all the same skill level.

I've tried to play aggressive or turret hugging and everything in between. Either way, it never goes our way.

Anyone have some helpful suggestions? Willing to do just about anything to overcome this comp in just one game hahah.

Vayne build is a mirror to Chaox's. Masteries, Runes, etc. Sona's build is a mirror to Xpecial's.

Thanks for the help in advance. : )

Reality... vayne gets countered by every Idc if you wanna win outplay and I dear hope to god your getting cleanse

chomcham

11-30-2012

0_o L2P Ezreal. Bring Clenase. Dont play the same comp over and over. You have tumble so yeah I would save that for when Leona Initates. If you are engaging just make sure your Support has Exhaust up. Generally kill lane ADC/SUPP have less sustain. If you are really having an issue have Sona level up her E for increased movement speed. Back to the lack of sustain, have sona punish Leona everytime she tries to get close enough to zenith blade. I dont get why the other posts are mentioning sivir other then her spell shield... If that the case the same comp is just going to dump on Sona, considering that one of the most recent patches lowered her health and magic/armor resist she going to have just as hard of a time. Definetly utilize summoners better and maybe try another support that can contain better with leona/graves. I would not recommend Soraka. I could type a deepier analysis but ehhh. Send me an invite in-game if you would like more information. I could go into more detail based on lane presence etc...

honeybadger9000

11-30-2012

Alister/Vayne, you can literally knock Leona back into your turret if she lands an E. Nunu and Taric are great picks as well for support and MF, Varus and Graves are really great duelists (being they can fight back if they get combo'd), Ezrael and Tristiana are also quite slippery.

JJ Unbreakable

11-30-2012

They're a burst combo.
If you're playing sustain, play sustain.
Harass. Dish out damage when their abilities are on cooldown.
Avoid Graves' Buckshot and you'll probably win the trade.

If you're trading damage, as long as you don't die, you're pretty much winning.
Just don't block their combo with your face.