Champions you should buy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackAubrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Since everyone seems to want to know who they should buy, here's a short list of good champions that benefit their team.

Casters:
Annie
Fiddlesticks
Morgana
Heimerdinger

Carries:
Ashe
Ezreal
Xin Zhao
Shaco

Support:
Soraka
Kayle
Nidalee
Janna
Taric

Tanks:
Shen
Amumu
Nasus

This isn't a list of the best champions, it's a list of good champions that benefit the team. Any of these is a good choice; I don't think one champion here would make your team angry you picked them. And yes, I know I missed your favourite champion. This list isn't exclusive.

ZERRES

07-20-2010

I think the durable melee category deserves a slot here too.

Olaf
Jax
Sion
Garen
etc.

All have something to bring to a team. especially if you already have a tank and 3 squishies on your team.

WithoutSkill

07-20-2010

Decent list, I would argue that Janna and Nidalee are not my best picks .. but not bad either.

I would make a new category to the list, the FUNS :

- Cho Gath
- Mundo
- Shaco

XD

JackAubrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERRES View Post

Olaf
Jax
Sion
Garen
etc.

All have something to bring to a team. especially if you already have a tank and 3 squishies on your team.
Tank
Support
Carry
Caster
*Wild Card*

That's what I'd consider a balanced team. Melee carries make a great 5th choice, but I wouldn't reccomend any of them to people looking for a champion to buy on the forums. A ranged carry will almost always have an easier time laning and won't be in the middle of AoE in teamfights. I would rather have a new player playing Ashe or Trist than Tryndamere or Olaf.

peyo

07-20-2010

Any champ played right is good.

cmdrfrog

07-20-2010

Since you picked 4 in every category except tank, may I suggest adding Gragas? His skills give him enough tankiness and CC to be a very dominant player on the right comp, and IMO is the only other tank worth high regard other than those 3 you already mentioned.

biomorph

07-20-2010

On your list of tanks I would replace Nasus with Rammus.
Rammus is a better tank than Nasus since he has a taunt which is great when focusing a target or just preventing that ryze from bursting your team to shreds etc.
Nasus flinging on ulti is great but apart from that he's just not tankish enough.

peyo

07-20-2010

yay downvoted for saying truth...

If you don't like the truth, then get that Fiddle out of the list and put Anivia and Kassadin instead...

and Rammus > Nasus, hands down

ShreeK

07-20-2010

I can't believe everyone glossed over Tris. She's free from facebook, powerful, and straightforward. She's easy to pick up for newer players, and scary in the hands of experienced players.

Lawful

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERRES View Post

Olaf
Jax
Sion
Garen
etc.

lol, just no.