Picking champs in champ select screen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aphrojack

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidorad View Post
you may be a great mid, but what's to say that the other person who picked mid isn't a better mid? It's not like you know the person enough to say that you're 100% better than the other person. It's also good to learn how to play everything else, because you will not be miding 100% of the time so get over it.
thank you! +1

PVStar

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamm View Post
Thats like saying "Joe Montana I know you're an amazing Quarterback, but you've gotta kick this game" .... trolls be trolls I guess
But if Aaron Rodgers is on your team and picks first, tough luck for Montana. Just the way she goes. No one always gets to play what they want in a pub match, not much you can do about that. You can't make a comparison like that when no one knows each other on a team.

Niverog

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
But if Aaron Rodgers is on your team and picks first, tough luck for Montana. Just the way she goes. No one always gets to play what they want in a pub match, not much you can do about that. You can't make a comparison like that when no one knows each other on a team.
Pretty sure Joe Montana would pick before Aaron Rodgers.

aphrojack

01-24-2012

Pretty sure Vlad Guerro would stomp on both of them with his mountain for thighs.

likeomgitsadam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Hey all , There's this great commentator streaming right now , he'll be analyzing top level Jungling for "In the Woods Wednesday" over at www.own3d.tv/phrank !

Psyduck21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Honestly, be polite. That's usually all it takes.

If you just open with "I'm mid", people aren't going to care, because frankly even if it's your best role, you have ABSOLUTELY NO idea what the other people are best in either. There's not enough context or time to consider everyone's strengths and decide who should be where.

You might want to try something like "I'm best at mid and _____ but really bad at AD carry."

On the other hand if you are ONLY good at mid, you should make a point to learn other roles because you WILL end up in games where you WILL have to play another role or screw your team.

Kize

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdotjpeg View Post
My point is, I'm tired of being the second person to pick, running to the bathroom, picking GP top, and the last person in the comp saying "HEY I CALLED TOP". Yeah, well sorry, I got first pick. Call me a ****, but when I'm bot I don't really call a position, I just fill in the roles like a good boy should.
Or everyone plays their best roles and the team has a good game.

Unless there's conflict in the roles.

If, however, you're playing ranked, you SHOULD know how to play every role efficiently- therefore pick order should not matter.
Theoretically.