Apparently Viktor's ult can do 2500+ damage?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwjnfkjsdg

01-24-2012

I just played a game as Gangplank. I was doing the best on my team and I had some nice items going. Triforce, Warmogs, Atmas, Mercs, Wriggles. I had about 150 MR.

then, a team fight breaks out. With their Viktor being the main target, I head straight for him. before i even get to follow up on my Parley slow, I'm already half health and running my ass away until Viktor finishes me off with a laser.

So I checked death recap.
Viktor's Chaos Storm did 1286 damage to me. usually I wouldn't be too surprised since he was pretty fed, but then I looked at my MR and realized it was almost 150 and that the raw damage of his ult would be lie 2600. along with his other spells, he practically one-shotted an Atmogs behemoth with 2 FoN's worth of magic resist.

I know that was an unnecessarily long intro, but it brings me to my point.
Why is Viktor considered so bad?

I don't think any AP carry's ult can do that kind of burst. if you roughly crunch some numbers, viktor's ult equals to brand's entire combo. on top of that, he's a great poker as his laser has an insane range. he gets very deceptively high tankiness with his Q, and lastly, his aoe in teamfights is incredible, with his ult, aoe slow, and hexcore upgraded laser.

I've played him twice, and I did pretty well in both cases. so i'm wondering, is Viktor underrated? I feel like he's Xerath #2. where he just has a different playstyle than most AP carries and it takes time for people to realize how strong he is and is just considered trash tier till then.

Prosim

01-24-2012

Malzahar

ZeroSonic

01-24-2012

Because some team like CLG, or M5 haven't used him and won in a tournament yet, that's why he's considered bad.

MV101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2012

There's a bug where you can doublecast his R like Annie's R.

Versel

01-24-2012

Though his ult does do a lot of damage, you can just walk out of it or use a gap closer to jump on his face or something to avoid it.

ChaosX1

01-24-2012

He would have needed like 870 AP for it to do 2600 damage

Gilhena

01-24-2012

his laning phaze is meh. good victors are very good. teh rest dont stand out.

Direspark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Viktors ult has nunu ult scaling almost, i don't get why hes considered bad. If you can micro your ult correctly im pretty sure he has nearly the highest burst potential in the game.

Razz Ako

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSonic View Post
Because some team like CLG, or M5 haven't used him and won in a tournament yet, that's why he's considered bad.
/thread

kwjnfkjsdg

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezzNutts View Post
Malzahar
Malzahar=single target, easilly interrupted
Viktor=aoe

nuff said?

12345 ... 9