dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fellykins

02-11-2012

heya, i did a bit of digging, and tried changing this option. i havent had the bug since. it seems that the bug is just ati cards? but i dont know if everyone has this option or not..

open the catalyst control center, go to gaming>3d application settings. under 'catalyst a.i' untick 'enable surface format optimization'

Furt4d0

02-11-2012

****ing bump... Just had a game ruined by this bug. The thing is I always had this, it's been happening since dominion was launched, I'd say somewhere around 30% of all my dominion games

LolitsTom

02-11-2012

Played Dominion again for the first time in about 3 or so months. Had the issue happen to me twice. Just letting you guys know that it's still around.

xSchwarzenegger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

bump

fellykins

02-11-2012

did you try the fix i suggested? i'm curious if it works for more people than just me..

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-11-2012
5 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellykins View Post
did you try the fix i suggested? i'm curious if it works for more people than just me..
i'm also curious...

Xarkanadushak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Quote:
heya, i did a bit of digging, and tried changing this option. i havent had the bug since. it seems that the bug is just ati cards? but i dont know if everyone has this option or not..

open the catalyst control center, go to gaming>3d application settings. under 'catalyst a.i' untick 'enable surface format optimization'
applied the fix and so far so good, but it only happens rarely for me, so i won't know for a month or so. just for anyone having trouble finding the setting as i did, you need to go preferences and switch to advanced view, if you haven't already

Magical Magi

02-11-2012

Quote:

All I have under Catalyst A.I. is "Disable Catalyst A.I." with a slider that goes from Standard to Advanced. That's unchecked as default. I don't see enable surface format optimization anywhere.

Running Catalyst 12.1

Afroman606

02-11-2012

Quote:

Hey, I went to try, but I dont have the exact setup,
maybe I have a different version of ATI card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 [Default LCD])

-anyways, i found 3D --> A.I. tab -->
and i can check mark a box for "Disable Catalyst A.I."
and if I leave that option unchecked,
I can switch Catalyst A.I. between "Standard" and "Advanced"

soo, mmmm, Wat Do?

Edit: post above me ninja'd, what he said ^

fellykins

02-11-2012

ah right. i have a radeon 6870, and that particular option only seems to appear on the 6000 series cards.
i guess try checking the disable catalyst ai. as far as i can tell it doesnt generally have a big impact on anything (*i think*) and a lot of other programs seem to have problems with it as well..

but, er, twiddle all the knobs and see if it fixes.. sorry i cant be much more help..