dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyro XT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2013

bump, still needs to be addressed.

aCivilian1

06-14-2013

Hello, I have a AMD Radeon HD 7670Mn graphics card on a Toshiba Satelite laptop with windows 7 installed. My cursor has been disappearing since two days ago on dominion and twisted treeline. Two days ago it happened only once, and a restart fixed it. Today a restart didn't help. When I exit the game, the cursor is still gone until i do a restart. But I turned on mouse trails, and that helped get my computer mouse back. Here is the dxdiag, hope it helps!

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (21.1 KB, 46 views)

Ben Wrong

06-15-2013

i've had this bug since dominion came out, which caused me to not play dominion for a while which sucked because i love dominion. eventually i just played dominion anyway, hoped it didn't happen, and would furiously right click the ground when it happened to try and "follow" my invisible cursor

HOWEVER i have figured out a way that has fixed it 100% of the time for me, and i also have an idea as to what causes it.
i think it is caused by moving your camera screen with the mouse (by putting your mouse on the edge of the screen to scroll over) and then your mouse scrolls over something clickable as it enters the frame of vision. by clickable i mean a neutral tower, an enemy tower, or storm shield (don't know if it happens with thresh lantern or anything else, but these 3 for sure). this causes the cursor to go away, of course leading to a lot of trouble.

at first when i realized it fixes itself sometimes, i figured out it had something to do with clickable towers, so i would just mouse back and forth over one furiously until it came back (and it didn't always come back), but then i realized you have to have the cursor on the edge of your screen and then have it pass over a clickable tower (or storm shield) right as it enters your screen.

i've seen people say line it up on a mid tower then scroll across the map all the way and it comes back, and that likely works since it does the same thing i suggest. just put your mouse on the edge or corner of your screen and then mouse over a clickable item as it enters your frame of vision. for me it's easiest to use the bottom corners, and just whichever clickable tower is nearest, but once you fix it 2 or 3 times it's pretty easy to do.

hope this helps, i also HATED this bug, since the only other way for me to fix it was restarting my comp, which basically means you lose dominion when you get the bug (reload for minutes or play with invisible mouse), but maybe this will help a few people from pulling their hair out. it can still screw you up in the short-term, which can be frustrating losing a fight because suddenly it's nearly impossible to aim in a split-second like you usually need to, but at least this will help you bring the cursor back!

naotasan

06-15-2013

Another thing that fixed it for some players is changing the resolution or playing in windowed.

Morisman

06-25-2013

I have found a work around and how to do it as some people cannot find the Disable Catalyst AI option.

Option 1:

Go to your system tray
- Right click ATI icon and open Catalyst Control Center...
- Choose advanced if you haven't already
- Left click graphics at the top left
- Click the option "3D"
- Click on the All tab
- Under Catalyst AI, tick disable Catalyst Ai, and Apply.
- Run LoL on a custom game, mouse over a tower point and see if it is fixed.

Worked for me, hope it works for you .

Edit - If you still are unable to find the option I could suggest

Option 2:
1. Locate "%localappdata%\ATI\ACE" Via the "Run" Application.
2. edit 'Profiles.xml' with notepad -> Find 'CatalystAI' (Ctrl + F and search CatalystAI)
3. Change 'Enable' to 'Disable'

After I had used Catalyst Control Center I checked this .xml file and it had been changed via program rather than editing and saving the .xml file.
- Note: I did not use Option 2.

Nerdock

06-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Talon View Post
I feel so unabandoned Woot.
I know, I saw 16 red posts and thought I was still dreaming, SO nice to not be. <3

Thrustmaster5000

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoriksHemlok View Post
I got an ATI HD 4250. and have the issue almost every dominion game
I also have the HD 4250 and this happens almost every dominion, I've also had it happen thrice or so in twisted treeline, and atleast 5-7 times in summoners rift
as I type this my cursor is actually still missing from a dominion I played about 7 hrs ago
I put low drag settings on my mouse but its still jumpy when I use the league cursor
I'd really like to know when and if this issue will ever be resolved

LuckoftheD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

I can confirm that playing in windowed mode solves the issue completely. It's an adjustment at first but it's well worth it considering the frustration that an invisible cursor causes.

Morrivar

09-04-2013

This issue happens for me most of the time in Dominion. I tried to do the Catalyst workaround only to find that I don't run Catalyst, instead I have AMD VISION Engine Control Center. Hmmm. Anyway here's my dxdiag. I do usually have Chrome up and running, so if browsers are partially responsible I'll have to stop doing that. Haven't tried the cursor trail thing yet, will have to do that later.

Also, while completely frustrating, it's not game ruining. The things it hinders the most are upgrading skills (I generally click them, I know noobish) and opening the store (again, I'm sure there's a keybind but I always forget it). Otherwise, skill shot targeting graphics still work, and if you can't spam the ground to find your cursor, you aren't even trying. The prob is when you play a champ with only champ targeted skills. That sucks, cause no cursor equals difficult clicking. Anyway, hope this dxdiag helps.

Quote:

Killscend0

09-04-2013

I found disabling "allow themes to change mouse pointers" in the mouse settings in control panel seemed to fix it.