Rise of the Bot Army: Expanded Co-op vs. AI

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inn0ruuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

There should be a 5-man bot team queueing 5v5 Ranked Teams at all times.

Mac Royale

01-24-2012

Still waiting for offline custom games.

Astiahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Yay! Something nice for those of us who've forsaken Solo Queue and only play PvP with friends. Though the possibility of a Malzahar bot is scary. At least players can bugger up his combo every once in a while (even if it is difficult to do so it happens)...but bots do combo's instantly... >.>

Yakaru

Senior Software Engineer

01-24-2012
4 of 44 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnMage View Post
can we expect an "impossible" mode for those who want a real challenge? cuz that would be pretty fun
It's possible; a lot will have to do with the feedback and results of this patch. I can't promise anything, but considering we had to tone back some bots we have a starting point -- the question is if there is something even more awesome for us to work on instead

JadedTracer

01-24-2012

awesome!! cant wait to try Dominion Co-op vs AI. and awesome to adding more bots to the games DD

Muhlum

01-24-2012

sexy. now just for some new SR music ^^

Abyssal Machine

01-24-2012

I'm liking this, riot

Saiko

01-24-2012

F*** yeah!

Imbeefy

01-24-2012

Phreak likes to blink at odd times.

Tyroki

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by STDs Are Pokemon View Post
There is a large player base that exclusively plays bot games. This is not just about leveling; this is about a significant portion of the LoL population and the enjoyment they get from the "PvE" experience.
And yet people have been waiting how long for the stealth remake to make Eve playable? o.o;

I don't even PLAY the stealthy champs and I know people have been waiting forever for the stealth changes.

HOWEVER! People should remember that Riot, like any good games company, is split in to teams. Each team works on different things. Often times, a team works on multiple things at once, with each individual worker assigned tasks. In the case of actual game mechanics (bots), I'd say multiple people were working on the same update. Meanwhile, someone, somewhere, is stuck with the task of working out better stealth mechanics.