Best build for twisted fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnagiPWR

01-24-2012

So ive just bought twisted fate and am still fairly new to the game. After reading the tips
on TF what is the best build for him and is better to go one way over the other.

meneroth2

01-24-2012

Go mid, start boots 3 pots. Start with w. use blue card to last hit and farm. First time back get sorc shoes and as many dorans rings as you can afford. Once you hit 6 push the lane with q and look to gank. Get a gold card ready before you ult and then ult in, stun, q and ignite. If you want to be really pro, make sure your stacked deck proc is up before you gank.

After dorans(2-3) go death cap and then lich bane. From there I get rylais and void staff but really just death cap and lich bane are core.

I see some people rush sheen after boots, which will help your early burst but it leaves you softer than dorans rings so it's your call.

LexCor

01-24-2012

Best way to play Twisted Fate is to not play Twisted Fate. Outclassed in both AP and AD fields.
But if you insist, AP is better.
Best build I usually see is Doran Ring > Boots > Sheen > Doran Ring (only if youre having trouble staying afloat) > Lich Bane > Deathcap
Then go from there. Incredible burst and a great farming nuke. But he is PAPER THIN. And no, building Rylai or RoA early won't actually fix that, it just cripples your output and makes you more like CONSTRUCTION PAPER THIN.
So his key to success? Outside your lane, avoid ever engaging alone unless you're supremely confident in your kill then escape route. Have infallible map awareness and team communication so your Destiny doesn't go to waste. And lastly, sit at the back of the fight, engaging last. Yes, even after your AD carry. Chances are they have an escape, you won't.

Kreedark

01-24-2012

I find that in SR TF is pretty gimped. but the build that worked well for me in the game i played him and went .500 (have yet to play him again after that) was sorc boots, malady, nashor, deathcap, lichbane, Voidstaff/scepter

Side note has anyone tried hextech? does the spell LS proc off 4th card? cause id like to hear about that if it worked

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

The only ad tf I have seen do really well rushed SoTD which gave him large damage on towers he also coordinated ganks with his jungler

The Last Theif

01-06-2013

I build into Rabadons Death Cap, then Void staff then I go straight to attack speed and ad with Hurricane, Phantom Dance, Black Cleaver, and BloodThirster

Fifth Scheme

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexCor View Post
Best way to play Twisted Fate is to not play Twisted Fate. Outclassed in both AP and AD fields.
He also is among the top 10 champions with the highest win rates at 54% across all ELOs and 56% in Platinum. So yeah, he's worth learning.