Unconventional junglers: Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalCaptain

01-24-2012

I've been experimenting with bringing back some oft unseen champions in the jungle. Todays experiment was Singed. He is so far effective EXCEPT vs Lee Sin & Skarner (more to be added as I notice hard matchups.)

I've only done 1 ranked jungle Singed game (won), but I played 5-6 unranked matches to test beforehand. Typical scores ~5/3/15 (allow for games that are more like 9/1/20 and games more like 3/7/15, but you know what I mean)

Magic pen reds, Armor yellows, AP blues and quints.

9/21/0

Offensive:
1 point in improved offensive
3 in ability power
4 in cooldown reduction
1 in 10% magic pen

Defensive:
1 in Improved defensive
3 in Armor
3 in MR
4 in HP
1 in HP
3 in Move Speed
3 in Cooldowns
2 in Bonus gold
1 in Tenacity and HP

He's got great clear times, a powerful gank (long range slow, enemy position displacement, good damage), he snowballs out of control, and he doesn't "NEED" buffs starting around the 14 minute buff spawns.

Starting Cloth +5pots, clear wolves, blue, wraiths, red, go B, buy boots+1 potion, check for ganks or jungle harder.

You'll want to grab a regrowth pendant, to Philosopher stone ASAP, to help keeping your health/mana up as you roam. And of course the Rod of Ages is still a staple Singed item, and should come right after Ninja Tabi.

I take tabi around this time too, just because I already own the cloth armor, and I need more Movespeed early and cheap to have effective ganks.

If you've had 2-3 successful ganks (I did in 4/6 of my games) you can have Boots2, Philosopher stone, Rod of Ages at the 15 minute mark. If things aren't going as well, it may take closer to 18-19 minutes.

Usually from this point I can roam and gank until I've farmed 2600 gold for a Force of Nature without having to b to heal up. Next up either Rylais or Will of the Ancients, and then the other. This will make it harder for things to catch and damage you, and make sure all the time they waste not damaging you helps you even more.

As a final item I decided to just grab another Rod of Ages the one time I had enough gold. This finishes you off with 5000+ hp, and 250+ ap, 120 of each resistance.

Edit: After a second day of Singed jungling, I have been able to shut down Yi, Udyr, Nocturne in the jungle, and am adding Skarner to my list of champions you do not want to jungle against. I may be able to remedy both of these problems (Lee sin and Skarner) by simply taking movespeed quints, but further experimentation is needed.

Dracones Vitae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

hmmm I tried it. I always hurt bad at blue. what do you do. do you get a leash and damage? what skill do you get first? I tried poison hard to pull the jungle minions into it as they run away.

Rommulous

01-24-2012

you sure you're picking the correct jungle masteries draco?

Yamsa

01-24-2012

Jungle Karthus .. one of the best junglers since new jungle , imo

MetalCaptain

01-25-2012

I can actually start wolves at 1:40 every match, have them dead by 1:49-1:50, and be in position for blue.

Always poison trail first, as it is your damage and gives clear times. I've also discovered that you can give away every blue starting with your second, considering I use Philosopher stone and Catalyst.

Just make sure to only turn your poison on for about half a second every 3-4 seconds to refresh it while fighting jungle creeps and you can keep your mana up forever. I kick myself when I'm not paying attention to it and can't fling later...

MetalCaptain

01-25-2012

And to answer your question, a leash in unnecessary to take golem down, most definitely. The poison clouds AoE actually reaches in front of Singed ever so slightly, not quite to his max auto-attack range though. So sometimes you will have to click-move in closer to your target as you are auto-attacking.

I actually heard one of my team mates earlier referring to a Singed trying to jungle and just running around in front of golem... You need to be auto-attacking too, in case that's part of the issue.