queue dodging banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orenin

01-24-2012

This is not an issue for anyone above 1500. I don't want to write a speech, but if your team is retarded in team selection there is no reason you shouldn't be able to queue dodge. You shouldn't be penalized for it either(aside from timer). I don't believe in "elo hell" but in that rating bracket, there is some degree of luck involved. Queue dodging took out the luck, and it was one of the fastest ways to get out of "elo hell".

Some idealists think "you should just play every game". and that's fine. But why should that idealogy be forced on everyone? It was nice to get out of a sure or probable loss.

Solo queue was fine before.

derillium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Yeah if there's no penalty for queue dodging, people are going to queue dodge every time they see a champion that annoys them, or counters them even slightly.

puppywhelp

01-24-2012

I queue dodge on this acct to stay low for fun.

Your logic is flawed, however. The lower you are, the wackier your team comp can be while still ensuring victory. You literally do not even have to put forth effort in your selections to rise in elo pre-1500.

Orenin

01-25-2012

@derillium. Right. there were no ranked games played before queue dodging was removed, and no one picked a champion to counter anyone because they would just queue dodge.

@puppy so your saying that people don't always pick good teamcomps at your elo? I just started doing rated(which is why im still at a level to care about this), but i would think the only people picking bad team comps would be pre 1500.

Sxq

01-25-2012

People would abuse it and dodge as soon as they think they've been outpicked by the other team.

Additionally, all of those "mid or feed" people would just dodge until they get their way.

Vey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

yeah, people would just take advantage... it's fine the way it is... just play properly, you'll be fine

Orenin

01-25-2012

choosing when(and when not to) fight was another dimension of the game.

It is now lost because people thought it was a waste of time. To me, this is like taking out the laning phase. why not just have teamfighting, because its fair, right, if everyone starts off at level 14 or so with 5000 gold. It would cut out that annoying farming aspect. If your good at the laning phase, too bad, because some people think its a waste of time.

taking out queue dodging, like in my example of taking out the laning phase, took away an aspect of the game in which a tactical advantage could be achieved. If your worried about abuse, they could've made it so queue dodging again within a certain time limit took away elo.

moneypouch

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredyellow3 View Post
choosing when(and when not to) fight was another dimension of the game.

It is now lost because people thought it was a waste of time. To me, this is like taking out the laning phase. why not just have teamfighting, because its fair, right, if everyone starts off at level 14 or so with 5000 gold. It would cut out that annoying farming aspect. If your good at the laning phase, too bad, because some people think its a waste of time.

taking out queue dodging, like in my example of taking out the laning phase, took away an aspect of the game in which a tactical advantage could be achieved. If your worried about abuse, they could've made it so queue dodging again within a certain time limit took away elo.
huh i dont see what u are saying at all.
Draft pick is the tatical aspect of pregame, queue dodge negates it.
I can get an advantage on u by picking say temmo when u pick trynd, but if u can just dodge that will never happen.
A better analogy would be a having queue dodge in is like having a game reset button that can be pressed pre20 min. Anytime u first blood the button would just get pushed until u got a completely even game going past 20min.

likeomgitsadam

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Hey all , There's this great commentator streaming right now , he'll be analyzing top level Jungling for "In the Woods Wednesday" over at www.own3d.tv/phrank !