New to ranked, not new to game: Need some pointers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

piece 0f crap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Just looking for friendly tips on what to expect for my journey to climb the ELO stairs.

I've heard of something called ELO hell and I was curious what exactly this entails.

So far I have 16 games under my belt and I'm currently at 1200 ELO. I seem to be on a streak of win>lose>win>lose and can't get anywhere.

Current Event

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestower View Post
Just looking for friendly tips on what to expect for my journey to climb the ELO stairs.

I've heard of something called ELO hell and I was curious what exactly this entails.

So far I have 16 games under my belt and I'm currently at 1200 ELO. I seem to be on a streak of win>lose>win>lose and can't get anywhere.
W/l/W/l is the hell :b
I suggest playing some hard carries to get out (ad ranged/jungle/top)

sunamcmkcin

01-24-2012

When picking your character, dont pick someone you like, but counter what they pick instead. Google good counters. They usually involve people with silences and amazing CC.

Danihel

01-29-2012

I'm bumping this due to asking something along the lines of this. 2x the posts = maybe 2x the responses from a mid-high ELO player who can dish out some knowledge.

DinerCar

01-29-2012

Learn counterpicks. Become good at a role, become capable of doing each role without feeding. Learn a greater variety of champions in the process. Become a better player. Gain elo.