Shyvana or Maokai?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XalonX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

I'd firstly like to clarify ive made a thread like this before but now that ive played shyvana for a week I can analyze what i did with her and what I CAN do.

With shyvana I firstly jungled alot of games on my smurf thats often matched with level 30s. I won most of them but played her like a standard jungler.

I've counterjungled at level 1, ive counter jungled as solo top shyvana.

With maokai I ganked alot, my first game I went 6/0/7 in a normal draft. I Still didnt master how to do wraiths but I pulled of good ganks and teamfights mostly winning with him.
I find them equally fun.

My only question is whos a better decision in the long run?

A shadowy figure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Mordekaiser.

XalonX

01-23-2012

You are a troll.

Can i have your autograph?!

PlayerFour

01-23-2012

Well, in the long run, you can buy both of them.

Nihiru

01-23-2012

When you say you enjoy them both, that makes it pretty hard.

I doubt you will see Maokai nerfs any time soon, so if you're choosing based on those things, probably Maokai.
Shyvana is seeing a lot of spotlight with IEM Kiev M5's magic and her free week. I think she's a pretty unstable boat in terms of nerf-safety for next patch.

Tangentleman

01-23-2012

Wait until like Wednesday to see who's on sale. Graves was on sale in December, Shy is bound to come up soon and Mao hasn't had one in a while. And as for the long run, Maokai seems pretty stable in terms of balancing so probably no big changes soon.

XalonX

01-23-2012

bump

XalonX

01-23-2012

bump

XalonX

01-24-2012

triple bump why nunu whyyy

The Interficio

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayerFour View Post
Well, in the long run, you can buy both of them.
That was quite clever. Though I recommend Maokai, strong ganks are usually what wins games. Shyvana has a distinct lack of CC which sort of means she is lacking in this aspect. Which makes her only a quick jungle, in which case- others do it better.

There a very few jungles as efficient as Maokai, which offer the same amount of ganking power.