Riot do something about unbalanced games...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Token Irish Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

I have 56 losses in ranked and 24 of them are from 4v5s or worse, I also have 6 wins that were 4v5 in the enemy favor. How is this fair that I am losing rating because the other team has more players than mine. This has been going on since the start of ranked games and you still haven't done anything about it, there needs to be something implemented because it is outrageous to lose full elo when the game is unbalanced.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-24-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

At the start of a game the systems set in place to counter negative activity go into effect. AFK/Leaver and the ability to report at the end of the game. The situation that someone loses internet because of a large storm or has to leave due to an emergency can not be controlled by any system on the spot. However, you the user is the first line of defense in reporting these players if they are ruining your game.

It may come to the point where you are reporting someone that is having internet issues, which doesn't seem fair at all to be suspended for, but if that is happening over the course of 4 or 5 games, that is up to 20 people effected by that person disconnecting. File your reports if deemed necessary and know you did your part at the end of the game to make your next game more favorable.

-RyuTres

TalonCzar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

@RA

Does it not seem a bit excessive that one person who clearly does not have the proper equipment or connection must ruin 20 other player's matches? I'm not saying that leaverbuster should be instant ban or anything, and I don't have a solution to offer that makes any kind of sense, but it really is out of control. I've had leavers in 50% of the matches I've played in ranked in the past day or two. It really is absurd.

Maybe if we get a DC, reduce the ELO loss for everyone on the team who remained? Or grant a bonus if you won? It's not like you could abuse leaving to gain ELO without repercussions.

TEEPEE25

01-24-2012

speaking of these internet issues, i have had to ctrl,alt,del in the last few games because of the fame freezing, plus the lag has been crazy. since the new patch i have had the worst connection to this game ever, even tho i do reconnect, im sure SOME of these ppl who disconnect are having the same problem as me

Diabeetus IV

01-24-2012

So create a system that dodges queue when one of your team mates doesn't choose a champion and ends up with a random one. That makes more sense than letting the game start when there is a very good chance of a 4v5 or one team having two of one role.
Also, the server lag is unbearable at times. I had a game in which my entire team froze and 3 of their players did, but the other two took advantage of it and killed everyone that was past the turret (Me and two others). The freeze lasted for about a minute and a half, and then I had the minion glitch where one of my waves was still showing after they had all died, so I had to restart the game.

Souji Voldoz

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagtasticVoyager View Post
I have 56 losses in ranked and 24 of them are from 4v5s or worse, I also have 6 wins that were 4v5 in the enemy favor. How is this fair that I am losing rating because the other team has more players than mine. This has been going on since the start of ranked games and you still haven't done anything about it, there needs to be something implemented because it is outrageous to lose full elo when the game is unbalanced.
in search of perfection will make a lot of nonsense but seriously at the moment is the worst crisis I've seen in the history of League of Legends due to numerous errors when trying to balance the game. please play the game so I like so much to know if I'm imagining that it is this imbalance. ill be waiting her answer

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-24-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

From what it sounds like the OP is speaking about instances where everyone is already in game.

When thinking of a countermeasure to unfavorable experiences you have to think if you would want that condition to apply to you as well. If you disconnected instantly wouldn't you want a few minutes to get back in to the game since it wasn't your fault? Or what if you someone hits the light switch one disconnect and then you lose internet another game for another disconnect, there are two instances that are not your fault, that we feel may be justified and give our users a chance to fix these issues. After that, yes action is taken.

This is not to say it's just two times of AFK/Leaving then you are punished, it is to say however that these do not go unnoticed, especially one after the other. The systems set in place are the ones that allow people the chance to troubleshoot an issue but will also take action for you if you cannot resolve that issue. Before this happens we would hope to hear from our users about their issue at support.leagueoflegends.com.

-RyuTres

Whichi

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
From what it sounds like the OP is speaking about instances where everyone is already in game.

When thinking of a countermeasure to unfavorable experiences you have to think if you would want that condition to apply to you as well. If you disconnected instantly wouldn't you want a few minutes to get back in to the game since it wasn't your fault? Or what if you someone hits the light switch one disconnect and then you lose internet another game for another disconnect, there are two instances that are not your fault, that we feel may be justified and give our users a chance to fix these issues. After that, yes action is taken.

This is not to say it's just two times of AFK/Leaving then you are punished, it is to say however that these do not go unnoticed, especially one after the other. The systems set in place are the ones that allow people the chance to troubleshoot an issue but will also take action for you if you cannot resolve that issue. Before this happens we would hope to hear from our users about their issue at support.leagueoflegends.com.

-RyuTres

"wouldn't you want a few minutes to get back in to the game since it wasn't your fault" WRONG this does NOT matter actually...

Because this happened to me and the entire team reported me... i was banned in the tribunal few days later....(there are a few more stats involved in this which i have no trouble admitting to but have not actually happened because this was recently after JUST being banned for the first time. I figured i had learned my lesson so i slowed down on the game's and didnt even play very many.. so this would have to have gone towards my tribunal cases)

SINCE the tribunal.. temporary bans.. are AUTOMATED... Which they have said....

it actually DOES NOT matter...

Yes.. I agree with OP..

If someone on your team is DCe'd for 5 minutes or so more it needs to fix your ELO loss.. it's not fair... and it does not even make sense that you sh ould be fairly losing anything

EmLoveEm

01-24-2012

but what about making a unfair game, not count as a ranked game anymore. When someone gets disconnected for a period longer then 5 minutes then there should be some kind of trigger going off witch makes the ranked game not count anymore, because now its like a luck game, if you are lucky you get a full team and if you are unlucky you get half a team, thats not what LoL is about.

DemonicMike

01-24-2012

I agree, I got elo from winning a 3v0 one time because the other 7 people were stuck in champ select due to server problems. Three champions vs minions wasn't really a fair game lol