The Heimer composition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
A Heimerdinger taking middle lane is really wasting the power of his passive, right? That health regeneration for nearby allies I imagine makes the biggest difference during the earlier phases of the game.

Also I haven't heard some one use the term "railroad" before. Is that just hard laning and no roaming?

Thanks
That is exactly what I meant by railroading. Heimer's passive offers so little regen that I hardly ever notice. In most games I've been in, losing mid means losing the game. As long as his team has a competent jungler, good ward placement, or at the least attentive teammates, he will win mid. Out of all the champs I've played with or against, he is the most scary to me when he gets ahead in levels and money. It really is about the first few levels. If he gets to 2 turrets without dying, he's in good shape.

likeomgitsadam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Hey all , There's this great commentator streaming right now , he'll be analyzing top level Jungling for "In the Woods Wednesday" over at www.own3d.tv/phrank !

ADGarner

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
THe problem with putting him in another lane is ganks. You put him in bot lane and it opens you to ganks from Jungler/Mid. You put him solo top and it's suicide. You put him in the mid and he can ward the sides, push the lane, and be able to keep himself fairly safe (unless they have a rammus or nocturne, but obviously you have to shift play according to the enemy team.

He has good synergy with a cloak champ like twitch. He can push his lanes, look like a derp to the enemy champ who overextends to his death when twitch is roaming through mid. It requires coordination with the pushing and twitch showing up, but that would give you a slow, stun, and good damage output between the two and drop someone quite easily.

Twitch is a great bot lane and a decent jungler if he gets aid taking down Red buff so there's an option for you.
We play on Wednesday nights and took your advice and told him to push center like it's going out of style and we'll set up the counter ganks. Our Heimerdinger even took promote a few games so he could rock down the tower. He won the lane three times (took the center tower) but lost against Malzahar.

Again appreciate the advice. Now we're noticing that Heimerdinger seems to have a problem in team fights. His micro rockets often hit nearby minions instead of champs and the fights often get dragged away from his turrets or grenades.

I'm wondering what sort of tank would work well with Heimerdinger. Currently we've been using Maokai but we're not seeing much synergy.

Posterior

01-27-2012

a lot of people seem to forget that heimer can push HAAARRRRD. i always use him to counter other hard pushed such as morde, morde gets destroyed by heim. any champ that really needs to commit gets eaten by him. remember that.