Tired of being the best of a bad team

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NORMtheSTORM

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiBF View Post
So play a carry, idiot.
Playing a carry does not mean you can carry against a fed team. And to be honest name calling really is not necessary.

Viaz

01-27-2012

I've usually just try and get fed from the get go just incase if i have a bad team. I use shaco and gang people get a kill or 2 from the start and go from there. Once I'm fed as Shaco it is REALLY hard to beat me without at least 3-4 people on me

maqael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by progodlegend View Post
The core of the issue here is that Riot has one massive public server. Thus allowing every sort of person out there to be on your team. People who troll, people who are 10 years old, people who just dont care about the game, people who don't care about winning and ruin the game for those who do care, and so forth.

You offer a solution of doing only premades, which is just useless help for us. It's literally impossible to always have a premade ready when you want to play. Often times we want to just jump on and play. But since the game is free to the whole planet... you never know who you'll end up with. If money was involved, you'd have a much higher chance of people on your team being those who "care."

Easy solution would be to keep the current public servers and make new "pay only" servers, for all the serious players who want to win matches and become better and better, not get dragged down into elo hell and so forth with a bunch of scrubs who "just dont care" but for some reason think its entertaining to play in ranked.

Sincerely,
Bitter Player

because bad players dont have any money, o wait.

JxC

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChildQc View Post
Well i know what ur talkin about... I'm a big AP player and as an AP, depending which champ ur playin, u can't always carry a team.. Here's few games ive lost that i remember:
Cassiopea : 17/3 | 25/5
Fiddlesticks : 29/7
Brand : 19/4
Karthus : 33/10
Fizz 28/4

And the games that in the first 25 minutes ur 10/0 and when games finish ur at 12/9 -_-

So yeah, a bit tired of that...
Bolded for truth. i hate those kind of games where you look at your outstanding team composition in queue and you have a great start dominating your lane... thinking "we got this one in the bag". then things just fall apart and your 5-0 early game turns into something like 9-7, then losing because of incompetent teammates.

PapaKoolAid

01-27-2012

I had to deal with that problem, like money of you have. I decided to switch to playing draft mode, which allows you too coordinate. And you may get the negative nancy's but be postive and boost team morale!

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhm View Post
Tanky DPS are usually the most likely to carry a game. Personally I think junglers can really control the flow of the game via ganking lanes that need help. By ganking a lane multiple times in a row you prevent them from farming and get gold yourself.
I'm also very satisfied with the opportunities you get as a jungler. We had a horrible bot lane last match, giving away 4 deaths before level 5 by towerdiving and doing stupid things. However, the enemy had a few equally bad players, and as a jungler you are able to focus where it hurt the most. By focusing on counterjungling their horrible Shaco and ganking their Morgana who didn't buy wards, we were more than able to make up for what went wrong in bot lane. This is much easier to do as a jungler since you are able to chose which targets to go after. You will also be blamed for lanes falling even if it's completely out of your control, but I've had that happened less and less lately.

The good thing about playing a tanky DPS is that you're able to take down the enemies when they do stupid things like wandering off into your jungle alone, and at the same time you're not as dependent on a team when it comes to the later fights. Little feel worse than playing a tank with a coward AD carry who runs away when you initiate, but that is a bit less of a problem as a tanky DPS.

PVStar

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by progodlegend View Post
The core of the issue here is that Riot has one massive public server. Thus allowing every sort of person out there to be on your team. People who troll, people who are 10 years old, people who just dont care about the game, people who don't care about winning and ruin the game for those who do care, and so forth.

You offer a solution of doing only premades, which is just useless help for us. It's literally impossible to always have a premade ready when you want to play. Often times we want to just jump on and play. But since the game is free to the whole planet... you never know who you'll end up with. If money was involved, you'd have a much higher chance of people on your team being those who "care."

Easy solution would be to keep the current public servers and make new "pay only" servers, for all the serious players who want to win matches and become better and better, not get dragged down into elo hell and so forth with a bunch of scrubs who "just dont care" but for some reason think its entertaining to play in ranked.

Sincerely,
Bitter Player
You ever play a subscription based MMO? $60 for the game and $15 a month doesn't stop MMOs from being full of trolls/griefers. A P2P server would filter it, but you're always going to have people like that around in PvP. Always.

Although it is a good idea. Maybe it will give Riot enough income to keep their servers from screwing up for days on end.

Laser Tornado

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikerfox View Post
I've been there, but what's really bothering me is when I go from 5/0 as a tank to surrendering the game at 5/7 and my carries all are at 0 to 2 kills
You can't play as a tank if you're the best player on your team. Sorry, that's just how it is. I've learned this the hard way after dominating a lane, getting kills, and taking towers with Singed. Tanks just depend too much on their teammates.

ImNixonTRUSTME

03-02-2012

Find some people to play with who have VOIP makes huge difference in your gameplay, add me if you have vent or skype

Dracoaeon

03-02-2012

If you know there's a risk of a bad team, you should try playing mid with a champion you know. If you can't go mid, try to go bottom. If you go bottom and do well, you're blocking 2 enemy champions from getting fed instead of only one, and usually your lanemate will get more gold and less deaths in the process. Middle lane is a tricky one, since it can go really well or do nothing at all. I recommend playing one of the freeroaming type champions, such as Warwick, Talon, Akali, or overall anyone who's not a generic AP burst type but more of an assassin. Especially Warwick is amazing. Get to level 6, shove your lane and go gank one of the side lanes or steal an enemy buff while their jungler is on the other side of the map. Personally I've found Warwick to be one of the best "solo carry" type of champions. Thing is he doesn't get penta's all by himself, but his durability allow you to survive even you get jumped on when your team forgot to make that MIA call, and it also allows you to play aggressively when needed, meaning your teammates won't be dying so much (since as the better player, you would survive more likely than your worse teammates - if what you claim is true).
Another thing is his ultimate, it can save people's lives, it can destroy the enemy carries in teamfights, etc. On top of that it's on a short cooldown so you can actually continuously deny enemy kills and get points for your team

Point being, if you really are doing well, don't waste that advantage in power by just sitting farming creeps in your lane. Use that advantage to go gank, counterjungle, whatever. Sometimes I just kill the person I'm mid against and go for example hold top while they need to recall when low (that's 1 less death/lost tower for our team), while letting our jungler keep ganking or jungling (more map control and kills for our team). Sometimes we do the other way round with the jungler, as in they go hold a lane and I'll go gank.