OMG how do you counter Xin mid solo?

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dulauren

07-20-2010

oddly enough.... Kogmaw snipes xin long before he can use audacious charge

Avitis

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiankatana View Post
Use your head. No champion can dive a tower at level 8 and kill his full hp enemy before dieing. Unless you're Tryndamere. It just doesn't happen. Don't tell me Xin can, because I've played him and played against him. You want a champ that can piledrive Xin?

Tristana, mentioned.
Olaf.
Master Yi.
Kassadin.
Karthus.

Off the top of my head. He's not that hard to bring down. Note that only one of his abilities scales with anything, and that's Audacious Charge (which nobody uses for the damage anyway). Everything else deals flat damage. Early game Xin, because of this, is a pushover. Play aggressively. If he tries to hit minions to regain health, shoot him in the face. If he charges you, DON'T RUN. If you run, he will follow and get free pot shots. Stand your god**** ground and fight him.
Nasus is another champion that can handily beat him 1v1 thanks to his ult and wither.

Tayen

07-20-2010

I find I also don't have too much trouble with Xin playing as Mord. Having the constant damage shield, which IS effected by armor, makes him a hard target to crack. Combine that with Ult + Ignite and it's fairly easy to take Xin down early game... until they catch on to your combo and run away the second you throw it on them .

Calbrenar

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiankatana View Post
Use your head. No champion can dive a tower at level 8 and kill his full hp enemy before dieing. Unless you're Tryndamere. It just doesn't happen. Don't tell me Xin can, because I've played him and played against him. You want a champ that can piledrive Xin?

Tristana, mentioned.
Olaf.
Master Yi.
Kassadin.
Karthus.

Off the top of my head. He's not that hard to bring down. Note that only one of his abilities scales with anything, and that's Audacious Charge (which nobody uses for the damage anyway). Everything else deals flat damage. Early game Xin, because of this, is a pushover. Play aggressively. If he tries to hit minions to regain health, shoot him in the face. If he charges you, DON'T RUN. If you run, he will follow and get free pot shots. Stand your god**** ground and fight him.
Two of his abilities scale. Q with AD and E with AP. Granted, without lifesteal from feeding he goes down very quickly. Exhaust is not an effective counter later on unless the timing is perfect. You have to exhaust him AFTER he knocks you up. (His Q is immune to exhaust but if you block his W shots after that with blind he won't be able to reuse it again for 6-10 seconds)

AceSkyheart

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matuk View Post
Did you read the "tower dive" part?

Removing the AOE slow is really, imo, the one thing they need to do to Zhao to make him less faceroll, and more balanced.
Keep the AOE damage for all I care, it's nearly negligible. It's the slow that really ****s us over, and it thus *forces* Zhao to actually need an item slow if he wants one. Probably Mallet, since Rylai's would only do 15%, even if it would give Zhao is AOE Charge-slow back.

It's really the MAIN reason people see him as OP. Plenty of other champs have leaps, ports, dashes, and others, but Zhao is the only one who has a CC tied to his. Akali just leaps you to him and has to use a second skill to slow. Jax just leaps in and has to use a SECOND skill to stun. Shaco has to Deceive, crit, and THEN use Two-shiv.
Anybody else see this pattern? Zhao breaks it.
Also shaco slows when he hits because of his 2 shiv's passive

Leirkov

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyda View Post
Tristana. Where Xin has a slow and knock up, she has a slow and a knock back, an attack speed buff as well and a healing reduction, all in one combo can be just as deadly. She also has the same turret diving abilities as her rocket jump gets out of cooldown on kills. Boy, they're not so different after all.
As much as I'd love to agree with you, because Tristana is my main.. no. Xin is on a whole different level. At least with Tristana you need items to be effective. Xin can build Malady Monday's, Berserker Greaves Tuesdays, Guardian Angels galore and he will STILL destroy you. It doesn't matter what the hell he builds. One damage item, no matter how weak, and he will still destroy you.

He needs a massive nerf.

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
As much as I'd love to agree with you, because Tristana is my main.. no. Xin is on a whole different level. At least with Tristana you need items to be effective. Xin can build Malady Monday's, Berserker Greaves Tuesdays, Guardian Angels galore and he will STILL destroy you. It doesn't matter what the hell he builds. One damage item, no matter how weak, and he will still destroy you.

He needs a massive nerf.
dude...he charges u, you can either 1: burst him away with ur ult
2: rocket away
his stun needs time to charge up, if u stay away until his w dies down...he is F-ED...no..not fed lol

Leirkov

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0llSlght View Post
dude...he charges u, you can either 1: burst him away with ur ult
2: rocket away
his stun needs time to charge up, if u stay away until his w dies down...he is F-ED...no..not fed lol
Too bad he knocks you up and does so much damage you can't get away.

UnderAchiever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

its funny, everyone think xin is op, but ive never had a problem with him. ever. i play rammus so, like yi, jax ect. he kills himself on me

obsidiankatana

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbrenar View Post
Two of his abilities scale. Q with AD and E with AP. Granted, without lifesteal from feeding he goes down very quickly. Exhaust is not an effective counter later on unless the timing is perfect. You have to exhaust him AFTER he knocks you up. (His Q is immune to exhaust but if you block his W shots after that with blind he won't be able to reuse it again for 6-10 seconds)
This is true, if only for the fact that AD bumps auto-attack damage and Q gives a bonus to your auto-attack damage. By scale, I mean that little +(*number*) you see next to 3/4 of Ryze's skills or 3/4 of Pantheon's skills (does Aegis buff from AD? I forgot). Regardless, Xin is not OP. And the fact that people are getting 1v1'd from him just proves you forgot how to play LoL because Riot pumped out a new champ. The only reason ANY decent player would keep fighting you is because he/she has it in their mind that they CAN kill you. Clearly they know something you don't. And if you DO know what they know, don't hang around to be killed.

As far as I'm concerned, you may as well be complaining that Master Yi is owning you with three IE crits and "boohoo I can't slow him down nerf ult" or "Alpha Strike is OP, I can't hit him". Grow a pair (ladies obviously excluded) and learn how to counter.

My suggestion? Play Xin Zhao. Once you get your ass handed to you, you'll figure out that you're not Rambo with a spear.

1234567 ... 13