OMG how do you counter Xin mid solo?

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

umdwars1404

07-19-2010

The way to counter xin is to play jax or xin

apriliamille

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
Thornmail, that is all

i find this kind of.. well, not right..

the "mid carry" has to rush thornmail while the xin builds offensive items. what then becomes of the carry who is now heavy in armor and lacking in offensive items, wasted space.

unfortunately i have no suggestion to input on how to counter xin as mid except to hide and hope the side lanes can take out a turret fast

Larkis

07-20-2010

silencing him is a pretty good way to stop his attacks. and slowing him down

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matuk View Post
Did you read the "tower dive" part?

Removing the AOE slow is really, imo, the one thing they need to do to Zhao to make him less faceroll, and more balanced.
Keep the AOE damage for all I care, it's nearly negligible. It's the slow that really ****s us over, and it thus *forces* Zhao to actually need an item slow if he wants one. Probably Mallet, since Rylai's would only do 15%, even if it would give Zhao is AOE Charge-slow back.

It's really the MAIN reason people see him as OP. Plenty of other champs have leaps, ports, dashes, and others, but Zhao is the only one who has a CC tied to his. Akali just leaps you to him and has to use a second skill to slow. Jax just leaps in and has to use a SECOND skill to stun. Shaco has to Deceive, crit, and THEN use Two-shiv.
Anybody else see this pattern? Zhao breaks it.
Tristana. Where Xin has a slow and knock up, she has a slow and a knock back, an attack speed buff as well and a healing reduction, all in one combo can be just as deadly. She also has the same turret diving abilities as her rocket jump gets out of cooldown on kills. Boy, they're not so different after all.

zAPPzAPP

07-20-2010

Silence is useless.
He will activate Q+W before charging in (out of silence range).
He will use E to charge in before your silence hits.

Then MAYBE your silence hits before he can use his ult after charge, but thats a big maybe.

buddhax4

07-20-2010

Taunt rapes him hart, as does burst

apriliamille

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyda View Post
Tristana. Where Xin has a slow and knock up, she has a slow and a knock back, an attack speed buff as well and a healing reduction, all in one combo can be just as deadly. She also has the same turret diving abilities as her rocket jump gets out of cooldown on kills. Boy, they're not so different after all.

unfortunately trist cant retaliate in the knock back department till 6 with the ultimate on a longer cooldown (? havent played xin so i dont know his cooldown on the knock up, i assume since its trist's ulti its on a longer cooldown) where xin can use it earlier in the push to the tower

Rakeash

07-20-2010

Quote:
Did you read the "tower dive" part?
Did you read the keep your distance part?

Speusippus

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeash View Post
Did you read the keep your distance part?
??

What he's saying is that since Xin can towerdive, "keep your distance" basically means "let him kill your towers while you do not interfere."

obsidiankatana

07-20-2010

Use your head. No champion can dive a tower at level 8 and kill his full hp enemy before dieing. Unless you're Tryndamere. It just doesn't happen. Don't tell me Xin can, because I've played him and played against him. You want a champ that can piledrive Xin?

Tristana, mentioned.
Olaf.
Master Yi.
Kassadin.
Karthus.

Off the top of my head. He's not that hard to bring down. Note that only one of his abilities scales with anything, and that's Audacious Charge (which nobody uses for the damage anyway). Everything else deals flat damage. Early game Xin, because of this, is a pushover. Play aggressively. If he tries to hit minions to regain health, shoot him in the face. If he charges you, DON'T RUN. If you run, he will follow and get free pot shots. Stand your god**** ground and fight him.

12345612 ... 13