OMG how do you counter Xin mid solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anguibus

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
What? The first time I played against olaf I never had any problem. It's just that hes hard to kill by yourself as a melee dps. You can easily dodge his hammer throw too.
Olaf and Xin are totally on different levels. At least you can get away from olaf. You can't from Xin unless you've got flash
If you're playing ranged just kite him. Most ranged characters have a ranged advantage over Xin's charge. Maybe it's just because I play Cass so much, but kiting melee is fairly easy once you get the feel for their charge range.

TheOmnipotentone

04-12-2011

There is a simple solution no one seems to have considered, when Xin does mid solo you go any ranged char you want... problem solved.

StyrTW

04-12-2011

^ Person has never fought against original Xin. If you had bothered to read the timestamp on the OP's post, you might have figured that out.

Dakkas

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnipotentone View Post
There is a simple solution no one seems to have considered, when Xin does mid solo you go any ranged char you want... problem solved.
I love playing champions like you. You think because they're melee that you can easily beat them

Play a good Xin/Irelia/Renekton/Jax and most ranged champs will get stomped

PrimalFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkas View Post
I love playing champions like you. You think because they're melee that you can easily beat them

Play a good Xin/Irelia/Renekton/Jax and most ranged champs will get stomped
But against xin if you are a ranged harasser you could easily shut him down before he hits level 3 and get far enough ahead of him. He has no decent harassing until level 3.

Diesel Venom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

A couple examples. Mid xin can easily outfarm ashe or ryze, AND kill them twice before level 6. Even if you retreat behind your turret. Stuff like this happens all the time.

Yeah you can hit him before he gets close enough to dash you but it doesn't stop him from dashing you. He can just eat it and kill you. Remember that Xin heals simply by hitting stuff. That's part of the reason he's such a good laner.

I've killed ryze while snared. It's not as simple as "just kite him."

You guys need to play a champ before you decide you know how to play against one. Before level 3? He doesn't need dash to hurt someone. You don't have decent harass before level 3 either. He can just eat it and use TTS on you.

To answer the question, you have to micro to stay out of his dash range and concentrate on farming. You can harass him but you can't really stop him from farming and trying to harass too much will hurt your farm and get you killed. Make sure you don't push the lane out, let it stay closer to your tower and wait for a teammate to gank him. If you play safe until a gank comes he cannot stop you from farming.

Duce Nautarum

04-12-2011

I play Irelia, and it's pretty easy to beat Xin with her. He charges in, you hit him with 'E', activate 'W' and proceed to do massive damage while he's stunned. Add in 'R' for plenty of damage/lifesteal, and when he tries to run away, catch him with your 'Q'. I stack attack speed because she heals and deals true damage with every hit. It works pretty well against just about anybody in a 1v1 situation.

rangerike1363

04-12-2011

really I think only people who play mages like annie or ryze or teemo bc of his blind if their paying attention can handle a mid xino. Since he can dash equivalent range to normal autoattacks and then slow you coupled with his three hit knock-up, only if you can stun/root him or blind him him right as he's making his dash can you handle him, but youhave to pay so much attention. It's actually pretty insane that he has such huge midlaning power against ranged mages and ranged carries in general. He's also a lot tankier from start to finish than any ranged champ making him almost impossible to drive out of mid even with a decent gank since he can dash-slow people then run away easily enough. Xin's already powerful enough throughout the whole game unlike many other champs, since they are nerfing tanky dps though, I foresee a nerf in his future, what will actually get nerfed, who knows besides riot.