Tribunal should emulate Toontown Online

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyNow View Post
Give me an example of something negative but not mean please.
"Wow, we just can't seem to win a team fight."
"Ugh, this ping makes it impossible to play."
"Man, I just got outplayed."
"I don't think I can win this matchup."

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
"Wow, we just can't seem to win a team fight."
"Ugh, this ping makes it impossible to play."
"Man, I just got outplayed."
"I don't think I can win this matchup."
"Wow that enemy carry is fed"
"holy **** that Le Blanc is melting me"
"we are not organized, and they are taking advantage of this"
"we could win if we just X, oh well"

Justout

01-23-2012

So. The idea is that the more you report players that aren't punished, the less weight your report has.

That's fine and dandy and all, except for the 94% punish rate. The fact that 94% of the people in the Tribunal are punished means that, by reporting many players, they are extremely likely to be punished, and as such, keep your report weight very high. How is somebody to gain less weight on their reports when 94% of them are punished anyways? You'd literally have to report everybody and anybody, because otherwise, in all likelihood, they're going to be punished.

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyNow View Post
Stop relating a ban to a jail sentence. It isn't.

Being banned is better related to being kicked out of a public area for being disruptive, in which case, no, you don't get to fight for your case.
Yes actually, you can file formal complaints against the Officer or Official that removed you from the area, if the removal was meant to be permanent, you could obtain a judgement stating that this barring was non-justified and therefore null. In reality, Appeal is a common process that takes many shapes, only in this den ruled by sensitive tweens called the internet do we see people making statements like, "this is how it is, and there's nothing you can do about it, hahahahahahhaaha" which is the exact mentality of the people behind the Tribunal, and also indicative of the attitude presented by Riot Customer Service to people who question their suspensions.

Even Federal Laws which seem set in stone are open for appeals based in sound reasoning and legal research, for Riot to claim that their rules are iron clad, their Tribunal beyond question, is arrogance incarnate.

Xerkules

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
You cannot prove a negative (Such as: Blank never happens) but you CAN prove a positive, hence the burden of proof is upon yourself because until you have proven this to be true, it is considered false... or do you believe in the invisible pink unicorn?
The word "caterpillar" does not appear in your post. I think you can prove some negatives.

You could (in theory) prove that no one has ever been banned for saying "gg noobs."

NecroticBinder

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerkules View Post
The word "caterpillar" does not appear in your post. I think you can prove some negatives.

You could (in theory) prove that no one has ever been banned for saying "gg noobs."
The issue being is that since we are not omniscient, we can't. We also have the fact that if it occurs even ONCE, said theory is instantly disproven, whereas if they prove it happens once, then they have provided evidence of such.

RoundElephant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Oh hello thread.

In a previous life I used to be a moderator for a game called Toon Town Online... well, Pixie Hollow Online specifically, but we helped out with Toon Town as well.

Some things cannot be unread...... *_*

But to bring this thread back to League of Legends....

When designing the Tribunal we were well aware that some players may abuse the Report function and we've taken this into account.

This is one of the reasons I frequently giggle to myself when a player tries to be a taddle tale towards people they don't like. What they don't realize is that the more they report players who are not actually found guilty by the Tribunal, the less "weight" their reports actually hold.

So flinging around threats of reporting is pretty meaningless in the big picture, but I guess it helps them sleep better at night.
So Riot has gone back on what you said here and started banning people (without warning) for over reporting. Care to comment?

messymike

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Oh hello thread.

In a previous life I used to be a moderator for a game called Toon Town Online... well, Pixie Hollow Online specifically, but we helped out with Toon Town as well.

Some things cannot be unread...... *_*

But to bring this thread back to League of Legends....

When designing the Tribunal we were well aware that some players may abuse the Report function and we've taken this into account.

This is one of the reasons I frequently giggle to myself when a player tries to be a taddle tale towards people they don't like. What they don't realize is that the more they report players who are not actually found guilty by the Tribunal, the less "weight" their reports actually hold.

So flinging around threats of reporting is pretty meaningless in the big picture, but I guess it helps them sleep better at night.

so this is why people got banned... makes sense, it only took 7 months to do a complete reversal

GunflameSmurf

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justout View Post
So. The idea is that the more you report players that aren't punished, the less weight your report has.

That's fine and dandy and all, except for the 94% punish rate. The fact that 94% of the people in the Tribunal are punished means that, by reporting many players, they are extremely likely to be punished, and as such, keep your report weight very high. How is somebody to gain less weight on their reports when 94% of them are punished anyways? You'd literally have to report everybody and anybody, because otherwise, in all likelihood, they're going to be punished.
Last time I heard the punishment rate is around 55%-60%

SimplyAlive

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
Last time I heard the punishment rate is around 55%-60%
The 94% came from the Tribunal infographic from december. Someone necroed this thread, apparently.