Tribunal should emulate Toontown Online

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justout

Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
You assume it doesnt, Riot already has a team that specifically audits the system to make sure it is running perfectly as well as a team that handles the cases. Riot has a lot of things in place that people dont seem to want to acknowledge, then again most can just say Riot could be lying but that is another ball park.
I'd love to take Riot at their word, but again, the impersonal service I got by contacting support, my own unfair banning, my friends' unfair bannings, and the growing number of people in this forum asking the same thing lead me to doubt that they do any auditing of their Tribunal cases whatsoever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justout View Post
I'd love to take Riot at their word, but again, the impersonal service I got by contacting support, my own unfair banning, my friends' unfair bannings, and the growing number of people in this forum asking the same thing lead me to doubt that they do any auditing of their Tribunal cases whatsoever.
So are you trying to imply that they lie?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justout View Post
I'd love to take Riot at their word, but again, the impersonal service I got by contacting support, my own unfair banning, my friends' unfair bannings, and the growing number of people in this forum asking the same thing lead me to doubt that they do any auditing of their Tribunal cases whatsoever.
So you imply Riot is lying as OhNo said? Yet you trust them with your semi-personal information (At the very least)

And let me use another analogy, if you let every prisoner have access to a forums similar to these, there would be similar threads to the ones that we see today like "Jail is corrupt." "I'm innocent, but was punished by the system!" "I don't belong here!"

So, just because you believe that you didn't deserve your ban, doesn't necessarily mean you didn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justout

Member

01-23-2012

Speculation, speculation.

Of course I'm going to be biased.

All I know is that I was banned, probably deservedly, completely changed my behavior, and was immediately banned again within the week. Something is severely wrong with the system and people are being unfairly banned. That's all I know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justout View Post
Speculation, speculation.

Of course I'm going to be biased.

All I know is that I was banned, probably deservedly, completely changed my behavior, and was immediately banned again within the week. Something is severely wrong with the system and people are being unfairly banned. That's all I know.
You avoided the question me and Meth both asked. You aren't getting out that easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheeConfederacy

Junior Member

01-23-2012

I understand those who genuinely believe the tribunal is a good thing. ( I personally think it's a money making scheme but that's beside the point).

Why are you guys against the false reporter receiving some form of punishment? If one were to falsely accuse someone in the real world, and it is proven in civil court that the accused is innocent, the false accuser receives a punishment.

People throw the word around like a shuriken, trying to get someone banned is no laughing matter- whether it be just or unjust.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

01-23-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeConfederacy View Post
Toowntown online has an in-game report feature for those Toons who break the Disney code. These reports are then reviewed by a moderator and if the accused is found guilty they are warned/punished but in the case they are found innocent the false accuser is warned/punished. This would honestly help with people who spam the report button if they simply don't like another player.

Make the system a little more just.

Find your opinions gentlemens.
Oh hello thread.

In a previous life I used to be a moderator for a game called Toon Town Online... well, Pixie Hollow Online specifically, but we helped out with Toon Town as well.

Some things cannot be unread...... *_*

But to bring this thread back to League of Legends....

When designing the Tribunal we were well aware that some players may abuse the Report function and we've taken this into account.

This is one of the reasons I frequently giggle to myself when a player tries to be a taddle tale towards people they don't like. What they don't realize is that the more they report players who are not actually found guilty by the Tribunal, the less "weight" their reports actually hold.

So flinging around threats of reporting is pretty meaningless in the big picture, but I guess it helps them sleep better at night.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

01-23-2012

^Can I upvote more than once?

-The Anivia avatar
-Telling us you frequently giggle.
-And finally a Red posting on these forums again!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StevEazy

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Oh hello thread.

In a previous life I used to be a moderator for a game called Toon Town Online... well, Pixie Hollow Online specifically, but we helped out with Toon Town as well.

Some things cannot be unread...... *_*

But to bring this thread back to League of Legends....

When designing the Tribunal we were well aware that some players may abuse the Report function and we've taken this into account.

This is one of the reasons I frequently giggle to myself when a player tries to be a taddle tale towards people they don't like. What they don't realize is that the more they report players who are not actually found guilty by the Tribunal, the less "weight" their reports actually hold.

So flinging around threats of reporting is pretty meaningless in the big picture, but I guess it helps them sleep better at night.
But then again if it goes to tribunal really good chance its getting punished because we all know anything negative will get you banned. ''GG newbs'', ''This was too easy, GG.'', ''omg why didn't you attack him are you dumb''. Just one of these lines in game is enough for you to get punished and there is so many more pity statements that can get you banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerŽerKeR View Post
But then again if it goes to tribunal really good chance its getting punished because we all know anything negative will get you banned. ''GG newbs'', ''This was too easy, GG.'', ''omg why didn't you attack him are you dumb''. Just one of these lines in game is enough for you to get punished and there is so many more pity statements that can get you banned.
Oh? Please prove this statement.

Honestly, this rumor is getting very annoying. Although like everything else, it's just the newest fad anti-tribunalists cling to, wonder how long til it fades into obscurity like the next rumor.