Tribunal should emulate Toontown Online

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

01-23-2012

I agree that the current situation seems somewhat worrying and that's why I am really careful with making statements regarding the Tribunal at the moment.

However, I have seen 'banned for no reason' thread for over 7 months now. Most of the are simply false, as the behaviour of the posters is clearly out of line.

That said, there have been more threads lately that complain about suspensions in quick succession. (second ban after 1 week unbanned etc.) These cases seem wrong and might indicate a flaw in dealing with repeat offenders.

Justout

01-23-2012

Quote:
However, I have seen 'banned for no reason' thread for over 7 months now. Most of the are simply false, as the behaviour of the posters is clearly out of line.
I can find about 7 threads on the front page featuring people that were banned and genuinely curious why.

I'm sure more than a few of these bans were deserved, but now that I'm on the other side of the fence I have to wonder.

TheTome

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justout View Post
I can find about 7 threads on the front page featuring people that were banned and genuinely curious why.
But it could be another issue. Being curious as to why one was banned is not evidence that they are innocent, but it could also be evidence that they do not understand the Summoner's Code. Which is a real issue that we have on the forums and is something that is often discussed here.

Finding 7 threads of people questioning their ban doesn't conclude that the Tribunal is being abused. These people may be innocent, but they could also people who spam the phrase "gg noobs" and don't understand why that's offensive, even after a Red post said it was.

Justout

01-23-2012

As much as I think that gg noobs isn't banworthy, that's not the issue here.

I'm seeing plenty of posts by people stating that they were banned even though they were explicitly following the almighty code of summoners, both before and after being banned. I just find it hard to believe that there aren't too many innocent players getting struck down by this system.

Shrinking Violet

01-23-2012

7 players is 0.0016% of those banned. I don't know about you, but that's well within the error I'd expect in a system like the Tribunal.

SimplyAlive

01-23-2012

Quote:
I just find it hard to believe that there aren't too many innocent players getting struck down by this system.
And I just find it hard to believe Riot would allow to maintain a system that bans innocent players too often.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
As much as I think that gg noobs isn't banworthy, that's not the issue here.

I'm seeing plenty of posts by people stating that they were banned even though they were explicitly following the almighty code of summoners, both before and after being banned. I just find it hard to believe that there aren't too many innocent players getting struck down by this system.
The thing is though, its just there word. You won't even take the word of a Riot employee. So right now you are willing to say you would take the word of a player over the word of Riot? So many innocent players? Those that post here hardly make up any part of the community as a whole. You will find more "I got banned though I did nothing" threads compared to "I am not banned" as why would someone want to do that.

Now I am not saying the system may be 100% but its nowhere as bad as what most are painting it to be. Improvements could be made but again not as drastic as some think.

Justout

01-23-2012

Quote:
7 players is 0.0016% of those banned. I don't know about you, but that's well within the error I'd expect in a system like the Tribunal.
You're taking this discussion literally instead of as an example and as such you don't deserve a reply.

Quote:
And I just find it hard to believe Riot would allow to maintain a system that bans innocent players too often.
I would, too, if it hadn't happened to myself and the fact that Riot's support is notoriously lackluster and too oft to hand out copy/paste responses to genuine concerns on the matter.

Justout

01-23-2012

Quote:
The thing is though, its just there word. You won't even take the word of a Riot employee. So right now you are willing to say you would take the word of a player over the word of Riot? So many innocent players? Those that post here hardly make up any part of the community as a whole. You will find more "I got banned though I did nothing" threads compared to "I am not banned" as why would someone want to do that.
This again. And again I say: You make a very good point. I would probably agree with it if I wasn't speaking from personal experience that speaks directly to the contrary. Neither side of this argument has any proof, I'm just saying that the amount of people complaining about this should at the very least raise a few eyebrows.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
This again. And again I say: You make a very good point. I would probably agree with it if I wasn't speaking from personal experience that speaks directly to the contrary. Neither side of this argument has any proof, I'm just saying that the amount of people complaining about this should at the very least raise a few eyebrows.
You assume it doesnt, Riot already has a team that specifically audits the system to make sure it is running perfectly as well as a team that handles the cases. Riot has a lot of things in place that people dont seem to want to acknowledge, then again most can just say Riot could be lying but that is another ball park.