>>Suggestion<< MIA Button!

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etris

10-13-2009

Add a button to the In-Game HUD that is quickly accessible to the player that triggers an MIA response to your teammates. Put a 10 second re-click timer on it so that it cannot be spammed for childish reasons.

This button could either place a distinct ping on the screen with the initials "MIA" on the map of where your character's closest relation to the map is (Top Lane, Middle Lane, Bottom Lane), or possibly signal a text entry in the center of the screen stating the location of the MIA, also depending on where you stand when selecting the MIA button.

- Text Warning

or

- Ping Display for mini map

or

- Sound Warning (Players are MIA top, mid, bottom)

The intention of this button would be for any casual player or hard-core player who does not have the 2-3 seconds of extra time to type in a MIA warning. I can't tell you how often the enemies in my lane who seem to be mia suddenly jump out of bushes or flank me from other lanes to gank while I'm typing mid sentence, leaving me vulnerable to a guarenteed kill.

Pen15Mightier

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris View Post
Add a button to the In-Game HUD that is quickly accessible to the player that triggers an MIA response to your teammates. Put a 10 second re-click timer on it so that it cannot be spammed for childish reasons.

This button could either place a distinct ping on the screen with the initials "MIA" on the map of where your character's closest relation to the map is (Top Lane, Middle Lane, Bottom Lane), or possibly signal a text entry in the center of the screen stating the location of the MIA, also depending on where you stand when selecting the MIA button.

- Text Warning

or

- Ping Display for mini map

or

- Sound Warning (Players are MIA top, mid, bottom)

The intention of this button would be for any casual player or hard-core player who does not have the 2-3 seconds of extra time to type in a MIA warning. I can't tell you how often the enemies in my lane who seem to be mia suddenly jump out of bushes or flank me from other lanes to gank while I'm typing mid sentence, leaving me vulnerable to a guarenteed kill.
I support this feature. Although it should work like ping. Text close to the location you ping at, that way you can use it while dead/at base/jungling, while not necessarily in lane, you are still responsible to watch a lane.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2009

it could make you select the character(s) that are MIA and ping their last known locations?

Meliphante

10-14-2009

The game should not keep track of the last locations of players. The game should also not assist in any way, shape, or form at aiding in the communication of MIA players. This is up to YOU and your TEAMMATES, and NO ONE else.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliphante View Post
The game should not keep track of the last locations of players. The game should also not assist in any way, shape, or form at aiding in the communication of MIA players. This is up to YOU and your TEAMMATES, and NO ONE else.
Oh don't be silly.

The game wouldn't be doing it FOR you. Some people get to communicate in vents.... how is that fair to people who can only type?

You still have to click the MIA button for yourself when they go MIA, but it's better than trying to type out

"Jax MIA from bot"

I know that phrase is simple, but what happens when jax comes right back while you are typing and the chat window stops you from casting a spell? People in vents have no such problem.

It's just good mechanics to incorperate such a feature.

Etris

10-15-2009

Thanks, Sonic for clarifying! You make a very good point that friends playing together who use vent have an advantage using vent rather than typing to each other. This feature would allow pugs to react quickly to MIA calls.

Phire

10-16-2009

Sounds like a good concept

Rayven

UX Designer

10-16-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

btw, i really like this idea.

I have some thoughts about a long term gesture based message system, but this would be really nice in the short term.

Like it's been mentioned, it would be nice to work like the ping button - press and then click in your lane. Depending on team, the correct msg would go out.

Or we could try the alternate ping, but I'm iffy about plastering text on the minimap b/c of localization (I know MIA would work for english, though).

kitfox

10-17-2009

it does not need to be elaborate and ez-mode as some people suggest, the simplest solutions are often the best.

Just add an alternate ping colour and sound to the original and make it left/right mouse button differentiate.

Press G then Left click = Blue Standard Ping
Press G then right click = Red Sonar Ping (as in target potentiallly there)

but no text. since it up to the team to organise what each of the 2 pings will be used for.
on a well organised 5 man on Vent team the pings become just a quick visual marker of what the voice is saying so the text would be just wasted.

also on the top tier teams where every one is uber-micro watching every lane they know who,where and when went MIA so may chose to use the 2 different pings for other purposes. maybe use them for attack location on 2 man teams so the leader would ping 1 blue as decoy location and use the red for the primary attack location. or whatever.

Dragonien

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
btw, i really like this idea.

I have some thoughts about a long term gesture based message system, but this would be really nice in the short term.

Like it's been mentioned, it would be nice to work like the ping button - press and then click in your lane. Depending on team, the correct msg would go out.

Or we could try the alternate ping, but I'm iffy about plastering text on the minimap b/c of localization (I know MIA would work for english, though).
While i really like this idea for like, Pub games and such.

if you were to impliment id like to request a game option to have it turned off in some games. cause for Compedative games, it seems kind of an easy Cop-out on acual team communication. So maybe, one of the game modes, if you plan t have one specifically for compedative premade vs premade games, have it so that game mode doesnt allow the mia button?

12345 ... 6