Your top 10 5v5, game controlling, non-carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chess435

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Rammus. So hard.

Hackulator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Sona, Sona, and also Sona. One of the strongest champs in the game, as evinced by her being banned or first pick so often in top level games. Also Taric, and Soraka of course though I haven't played her as much. I tend to get numbers like 4/2/27 on Sona.

LarsaxSolidor

01-31-2012

0/0/30 means your allies got at least 30 kills, which is good.

In that case, Anivia being one of my top 10, Bot lane anivia ranks about with zilean in harrass. Her kit has a lot of harrass and even survival options.

Tylerpb

02-02-2012

Sona is obviously great with her harass and ult, but playing a support is so dependent on the weak link in your team not being the AD carry. You can make sure your carry is able to farm as needed, but unless your carry is good you'll just chase theirs out of lane, not actually secure kills. Then when the team fighting phase comes along your contribution is very weak. That's supposed to be offset by your carry being a wrecking ball, but they still have to be good at positioning. A fed carry just kills stuff faster when they get locked in on it. They still get wrecked if the other team can bring their damage on them or are worthless if they're too timid to hit anything when it counts.

I like a good tank like amumu or rammus (or alistar). Fundamentally there for a utility role, but they still contribute a surprising chunk of damage. They can really control the flow of a fight too allowing anyone on your team to step up and excel while they're throwing a huge wrench in the other team's plan. It may blur the line of what counts as a carry but one of those godly junglers like lee sin is obviously great too. You'll end up carrying though if you play them well even though the character isn't exactly a carry.

Kronos701

02-02-2012

Alistar and sona ftw

Zalgosh

02-02-2012

I've been a big support kick lately, so here's my favorite supports:

1. Leona (SO much fun to jump on the other team, so easy to get early kills)
2. Nidalee (Play her full AP, get a Tear->Archangels early and spam my spears and heals)
3. Sona
4. Pantheon (Support pantheon or wukong are amazingly annoying)
5. Zilean
6-10 In no particular order
Soraka Taric Alistar Amumu Karma

Sarindanas

02-02-2012

my main problem with karma is that her heal is hard get to land on champs, its short range and a cone, so it like a enemy skillshot because unless you are on skype, you have to aim it where they;re running to otherwise your own teammates tend to run out of it, I can't count the number of times i've tried to heal someone, but they get out of it somehow.

Zalgosh

02-02-2012

I love karma, but my main problem with her isn't her heal, its her slow/speed boost. It just feels very lackluster to me. I usually get a point in it around 5-7 and don't put any more in until everything else is maxed.

I love team fights when right after the initiate you put an exploding shield on whoever is taking damage/in the middle of all their champs, and then aoe heal your team/hurt the enemies. I know shes not the best champ, but i find her to be so much fun.

Eviant

02-02-2012

Game Changing Characters?

1) Jungle Shaco. Early game Ganks, Extreme jungle control, provides a strong early game for your team. Late game, he's quick to take out mages/AD carries, provides an AoE fear, and played right, can cause a lot of confusion and wasted abilities.

2) Morgana, support/Tank. While she isn't played as much as a support or tank, she provides a lot of team fight advantage, with her ult giving your team reason to focus her, over the carries (Who also get a shield preventing disables. Free Olaf Ult FTW XD)

3) Janna- Amazing CC control, Great counter initiation, and amazing for setting up kills/escapes both in and out of lane. Also one of the least item dependent support champs I can think of.

4) Mordekaiser- Some may call him carry, but I think of him more as a bruiser. Marks a target, steals an enemy carry, and can live through burst.

5) Olaf- Anti-CC ult, true damage every 3 seconds, and amazing lifesteal skill, which synergizes well with his passive and his health stacking. Play as tank or Anti-Carry

6) Udyr- Nice jungling, decent ganks, but can be built damage, or better, as a tanky stun bot.

7) Riven- Incredibly mobile disruptor, interrupting channeled ults with ease. Her passive adds to both early game damage, and late game damage, and her ult kicks her damage into high gear. Can be built tanky by sacrificing some damage.

8) Veiger- Has a rough early game, however he has a nice AoE stun, 1-1 ratio on his dark matter and a 1.2-1 ratio on his ult, plus 0.8-1 ratio of his opponents AP. The terror of any AP champ.

9) Xin Xhao- Decent initiator, difficult to lane against 1v1, and great jungle ganks. Has great AS buffs, allowing him to build Damage to keep up. Can also build somewhat tanky to compensate for being melee.

10) Amumu- Percentage damage, Massive initiation on his ult, and repeatable stuns, even if they are skill shots.