Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mouse not working in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonSher

07-19-2010

Hey, I installed League of Legends on my computer the other day and it seems to work fine except when I get inside the game. While in the menus, like deciding to start the game or picking my hero, my mouse works fine but as soon as the game starts my mouse doesn't work. I can see the icon but I cannot click on anything with it. This occurs only inside of League of Legends because as soon as I leave the game, the mouse works.

I tried searching for this issue but I couldn't really find a way to fix it. I heard you can try going into windowed mode and it would work but I can't go into windowed mode. Any help would be appreciated.

CrimsonSher

07-20-2010

bump

korfu

07-20-2010

same problem, can use mouse to hover over my spells, move the map around, but i cant left click anything or right click to move, helpo

Mädcõcõnüt

07-20-2010

Same problem and i r angry!

CrimsonSher

07-25-2010

Seems like there is no one on these boards that can actually help people

RaSßErRy

07-26-2010

i have the same problem. i wish someone would fix this or atleast help us fix it

CrimsonSher

07-26-2010

No one seems to be helping, so Ill list some things in my situation:

Tried multiple mouses and none worked, but the same mouses worked on another computer so its not the mouses. (mice?)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but didn't make a difference. Tried rebooting the computer still no change.

My mouse works in every other game I have ever played but not in this one.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing wrong with my drivers, they are all up to date.

Maybe it will work in windowed mode? The only thing is I don't know how to go into windowed mode through the keys of a keyboard, if anyone knows how to do it without using the mouse, please let me know.

RaSßErRy

07-28-2010

i managed to get LoL to run in windowed mode but it didnt change anything there has to be a solution to this.

Bame

07-28-2010

I've had this happen before. I just alt - tabbed out of the game, and then right clicked the LoL icon on my task bar. From the menu I closed the program, which brings LoL back up with "Game still in progress, reconnect?". Choose to reconnect. You'll need to re-summon, but if you alt-tabbed quick enough, you should be back in before minions spawn with a working mouse. This is how I've been dealing with this problem for months now.

Ending Shadows

08-08-2010

Ditto. I do what the poster above me did. The problem with this solution is, however, that isn't a good solution for people who don't have fast computers. It usually takes me a 2-3 minutes to load a game. Disconnecting an reconnecting does fix the issue, but I'm 2-3 levels (notice the direct relationship in time to leveling?) behind the opposition. I'm in a game where I have to play catch up due to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place. And I'm saying this for all players with the same issue.

To Admins:
The mouse pointer not working is a random occurrence. At least for me it is. It happens some games and it doesn't others. But the process of starting a game is never different for me. I don't alt+tab or anything in the middle of loading. I ask as a person who has put money in this game, please look into this.