Important Information Regarding IP Restrictions in Europe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lomme

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
we hope to be known for the fact that we care about our players and listen to them.
Then please, pleeeease don't force me to play on GOA servers. I'll buy 10 copies of the US CE if that's what it takes!

Chainyk

10-13-2009

Quote:
The benefits of the situation are that many players who do not speak English
haha what about Russians )lol

shdw

10-13-2009

i don't care if im getting banned for this post. (at least have the balls to ban me and not to delete this post!)

**** OFF GOA. ur such a failed provider and you are going to force european people to play on eu servers (not being able to use influence points = forced). if this is the way it's going to be then im probably quitting LoL.

*thumbsdown*

NeoIllusions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-13-2009

Quote:
We're not intending to side step the hard question, as you should know by now, our policy is always to be transparent, open and highly communicative.

The downside of this is that US & EU players who are friends won't be able to play together and that's why some people will be upset - in the same way that WOW players have separate regions.

The benefits of the situation are that many players who do not speak English will have local service that will be better tailored to them, support during their timezones, events corresponding with their country's holidays, etc.

We are working closely with Goa to try to create solutions where the players have the best of both worlds. That is why we are discussing international tournaments and other ways to address the concerns of the players.

We are fundamentally focused on delivering an amazing gaming experience to all users - and if anything has been demonstrated by us, we hope to be known for the fact that we care about our players and listen to them.
This seems to be the only touted reason for separated servers, but even then, I don't find it very logical. Blizzard multiplayer games have 4 separate servers but players retain the option to play on whichever server they want. Understandably, Europeans and Asians who can't speak English would rarely venture onto an American server, but what of those who can?

Using the WoW model in this instance doesn't make much sense to me.

HappyNihil

10-13-2009

Quote:
We're not intending to side step the hard question, as you should know by now, our policy is always to be transparent, open and highly communicative.

The downside of this is that US & EU players who are friends won't be able to play together and that's why some people will be upset - in the same way that WOW players have separate regions.

The benefits of the situation are that many players who do not speak English will have local service that will be better tailored to them, support during their timezones, events corresponding with their country's holidays, etc.

We are working closely with Goa to try to create solutions where the players have the best of both worlds. That is why we are discussing international tournaments and other ways to address the concerns of the players.

We are fundamentally focused on delivering an amazing gaming experience to all users - and if anything has been demonstrated by us, we hope to be known for the fact that we care about our players and listen to them.
Please, I was personally asking this question everywhere I could for the last month at least (just search my message history). I started several threads that were viewed by developers, I asked on IRC, I waited on EU chat to ask this and both chats were cancelled for some unknown reason. You were always side stepping this. Now youre just trying to minimize damage.

All of the "benefits" this split brings would still be there if people were given the option to chose for themselves what suits them best. You have no argument.

Just say "its because of licensing, money as always" and dont embarrass yourself.

Shadax

10-13-2009

Trynadmere, don't dodge this question then:

The British: Primary Language: English. Notorious for not learning second languages (mine is mandarin, but anyway..).

How on EARTH does this changes affect us positively? I play on US servers near perfectly (i also believe i'm pretty high ELO, having played Dandinh/I play jax/TakashiX/TreeEskimo occasionally). So don't tell me ping. We're ok with that.

Once more: how does the current proposal of seperating the British from the American server beneift the British player in any way?

Kaitor

10-13-2009

Well i'm not european but i dislike this kind os separation also.

May i suggest something (maybe a little too late for that but whatever).

I think the stores shoul be split, this way GOA will get it's money and also RIOT. But the servers should be in a list in the client, and maybe separeted by laguange. So there will be an En-US, En-GB, German, Spanish and French servers.

The players who do not speak English will not join an English-speaking server for obvious reasons.

Well that's my suggestion =D I hope it makes everyone happy.

ImaBastard

10-13-2009

Quote:
So that's why neither of you have replied in any of the threads asking about this very issue?

Quote:
"some"? Have you been AFK for the last 10 years?

Quote:
And even more players, that DO speak English, get to suffer for it. Yeah, sounds like a win - win to me...

Quote:
Those "other ways" better be something like "Let Europeans play uninhibited on US servers"

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

I'm going to chip in my 2 cents. First of all, what the ****? This screws over so many European players. I've been in the U.S and Euro beta and god have I enjoyed the US one and dear god, do I not enjoy Euro.

WE CANNOT EVEN PRE-ORDER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The launch is in TWO WEEKS. Why don't you just offer the possibility to connect to two different servers, US and EURO!? Why not? BattleForge does that, it works ****ing great. Your connection can't be the problem because I have 90ms on U.S servers, connecting from The Netherlands.

I've lived in the states, there have been times where my English was better than my Dutch. Seriously, people who only speak French will play on European servers, trust me on that one. Matchmaking sorted by language, **** no, that's not going to work. There won't be enough players in respect to queue times, especially in the beginning. So there will be bad reviews, about the queue times, so even more players decide not to play because of the terrible queue times, etc.

You ARE dodging questions. You haven't answered one goddamn thing about European beta/launch/game for MONTHS. You really ****ing haven't. I send in IRC questions, they were never answered, everybody has. Posts on the forum, never a reply from Riot. All I hear from GOA is this bull**** about 'working around the clock' and 'commitment' and 'soon'. So far that's what they are: JUST WORDS. There is no commitment if you can't even get the pre-order pack ready two weeks before launch. It should have been ready when the American one was!

Patching behind, bugs in the game, client errors, etc etc. You know all that.

I'm going to have to agree with the guys posted above me: Your worst move ever and a big **** you from the European community.

Well woop the ****ing doop. At least I got to enjoy the (US) beta, shame I won't be playing League of Legends when it comes out. I'm going to buy HoN out of spite.

Ravenbane

10-13-2009

Tryndamere, if you are indeed so worried about what is best for players, then why force us?

Why not allow those who prefer locale services to play in the EU, and those of us who don't want that to play in the US?

If you offer people both, then indeed, you care about customers. If you force them to go to GOA...sorry, you fail.

And the fact that you are taking about "offering" when you are in fact "forcing" alone speaks volumes about how much you care about us over here...