Important Information Regarding IP Restrictions in Europe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkassj

10-13-2009

Well now I have reason not to preorder, aint giving GOA a **** !
Good thing LOL is free.
Late patches, abysmall websites, no comunication.

Long live the proxys !

On more reasonable note, okay I get the reasoning (but i dont like it), but banning ppl from US forums and site, comon thats an overkill, eu forums are bad as it is then they are split into 4 parts !

Who ever said internet unites world ?

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

Did your publishers not learn from Hellgate: London?

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Did your publishers not learn from Hellgate: London?
You mean Failgate: London.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJon117 View Post
My suggestion is why not have the store allocate funds determined by IP, so if they are based in NA it would go towards Riot fully and in Europe GoA would get whatever was agreed upon. Then have some option of language that would also determine who you're matched with. English with English regardless of location, Spanish with Spanish regardless of location, etc. This, with some obvious fleshing out needed, would solve the issues everyone is having imho

Just my 2 cents.
---------
This is an obvious solution, how in the world did riot not go this route? If you're gonna route connections by ip why not just use it to determine who gets the loot and let people play where they wanna. Cmon guys it took us like 10 mins to come up with this....

Axtree

10-13-2009

Sigh, yes... deja vu from Hellgate:London. This is a very bad decision. Half of my regular AT friends are from Europe and outside of NA.

This affect me enough that I think I will cancel my CE preorder.

Clutch Gatorade

The Council

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
oooo thats gonna make alotta people very angry....

prepare for the ****storm
^

And I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered yet, now I probably won't.

ketchup

10-13-2009

Sincerely, not a good decision. I hope you will respect players choices and allow them to choose where they want to play. One of the things about any good game is choice. Limiting a choice based on where a person resides will just cause problems everywhere. Not to mention, competition is global. If you restrict players to their own regions, you will be restricting the amount of competition the game creates. You will also be limiting the development and potential of this game. Hope they decide to change it. Good luck to those actively participating in trying to persuade them also.

ImaBastard

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
^

And I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered yet, now I probably won't.
I'm glad I wasn't able to... Oh wait..

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2009

Firtst i would like to say that i apreciate the fact that RIOT posted in this thread several times until now. I took my time to read it all...

Now to the point: Dear RIOT, I am a Bulgarian, I live in France, I speak English, French, Russian and Bulgarian with no difficulty (maybe a few missing letters here and there, when I'm in a hurry, wouldn't kill anyone). And i don't care which language people speak. But i believe that MOST OF THE GAMERS SPEAK ENGLISH. Atleast at some level. They don't need to read Shakespeare in original to communicate with others. So make an EU server if you like, but DO NOT restrict the game to language... small pools would kill this game. fast

DiZasteR

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBastard View Post
I'm glad I wasn't able to... Oh wait..
I'm glad I wasn't either. Oh snaps!

wont be playing after the beta... cya