Dominate Dominion now has a Tier List

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-21-2012

anyone with dfg is a burst caster

urmamasllama

01-21-2012

this list has so many more classifications than are necessary

Scrubsicle

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
xin zhao has more utility than gangplank, no global but he has far more disable.
Alrighty, lets see you defend that.

Gangplank Utility

1) Built in slow/damage over time. Requires nothing but an attack, can be applied from range, and stacks.
2) Built in Cleanse.
3) Movement speed and Attack Damage passive buff. Active gives that to everyone near him.
4) Global ult on reasonable cooldown. Can stop any capture for the entirety that it is up.

Xin Zhao Utility (that I know of)

1) Knockup on a short cooldown. Must be in melee range.
2) Gap closer with a small radius slow attatched

Utility is not just how much CC a champion can put out. You have to take into account where the champion has to be to make the ability useful, how relevant the ability is to the game mode, and what kind of buffs the champion brings to his allies.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

If you include ms and AD buff, you should include passive lifesteal and aspd increase, decreased cd's for all skills, and armour/mr increases.

Gangplank in terms of disable only has a slow which is not huge, is fairly low. He has a built in cleanse, but being able to buff your aspd, lifesteal, decrease all cd's so you can spam your spells more, increase your tankiness, thats fairly decent utility aswell.

They both have their merits, but at hte top ELO I never see gangplank work, he is too easily killed, while xin has been seen playing aggressive taking advantage of lifesteal

Falco Amadeus

01-21-2012

I see no Yi.
/disappoint

Red Smurf27

01-21-2012

Let's just say that while both are fun, GP and Xin are both kind of worthless and have been nerfed way too hard. Xin used to be my favorite character but for awhile there, every patch had a Xin nerf in it. GP is a walking ult, other than that I agree he is too easily killed.

I'm not saying neither can work but both can be replaced by much better champs.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Changes have been made (changelog posted aswell for people interested)

Tale Feather

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I disagree with many placements but I am too lazy to argue about it.

Edit: Fine, fine. I disagree with the placements of j4, chogath, singed, sona, karma, poppy, brand, especially shaco, ahri, kayle, caitlyn, sivir, and the complete lack of nocturne.

Out of curiosity, what is your disagreement with Kayle?

My disagreement is that she is placed purely in Sustained Magic Damage. Granted, she DOES have sustain Magic Damage, but her build variability also allows her to do sustained Physical, making her a ranged carry type as well.

Also, as a question, why did DD choose this particular divide to pick their champions? I almost would be more tempted to produce a guide that looks at each character's ability set and build capability and rate the roles individually. Rather than place each champ on a tier.

RealWolf M

01-21-2012

Not every champion is in a tier, there are many champions not on the list because they just aren't that good at the job. Some probably deserve to be on the list but at the time of consideration were not placed there.

Kayle I am always questioning what her damage output is, I can add her to a ranged carry if you want, if she does count as a ranged AA then she definitely deserves honorable mention

Falco Amadeus

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Not every champion is in a tier, there are many champions not on the list because they just aren't that good at the job. Some probably deserve to be on the list but at the time of consideration were not placed there.

Kayle I am always questioning what her damage output is, I can add her to a ranged carry if you want, if she does count as a ranged AA then she definitely deserves honorable mention
Eve is a better melee auto attacker than Master Yi?

123456 ... 12