Ezreal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnholyLogic

01-21-2012

So my friends have been telling me that Ezreal is a terrible champ because he is way too squishy as well as getting out damaged, and that he shouldn't be played or thought about. Also that i am terrible for even wanting to play him.
So, I decided to go on a journey that would prove them wrong and ultimately shut them up. I have finally returned and here are my results.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...811/Ezreal.png

With these results, I believe they should see Ezreal isn't terrible as they think.
Anyone Else Agree?

Rg Toad

01-21-2012

terrible no.. as good as the other AD champs, or AP not even close, he is just meh. and in the current meta, he is one of those champs that gets put to the side, since he can't build tanky at all, for solo top. Or strong enough for Bot Ad carry.

UnholyLogic

01-21-2012

Well you've got a point there, but i've been easily playing him bot lane, and mid lane. I havent had too much trouble in either of these lanes. I've never played him top. But i can easily out farm, and damage any other ad carry in my lane. It could just be me.

liquidstardust

01-21-2012

ezreal is pretty terrible one of my favorite champs too but their are better ad carrys sivir,graves,vayne,trist,corki,kogmaw,

Metaphisto

01-22-2012

Ezreal is extremely good if you can manage to land the majority of his attacks. If you can't aim he is going to suck. Actually, you are going to suck.

The thing about Ez is that he is not a right click to win champ. He is built that way, but he is much better if you use his q and w. I generally start the game with a point into w so I can harass the other team without worrying about minions getting in the way. At level 2 I get q and then e at level 3. I leave one point in e until q and w are maxed. After level 3 your skill increases should be: r - q - w - e.

Being aggressive as Ezreal pays off more often than being passive because Ezreal is not great at farming when a double creep wave is at his tower when his ult is down. With items and blue buff Ezreal can do a better job, but he cannot farm like Ashe, Cait, MF, or Graves.

Anyway, if you are good at playing him he fits in very well with the current meta.

Lacris

01-22-2012

Just curious, do you focus on harassing or last hit during laning phase? for that one game you have late game items where as Ez is early game champ.

UnholyLogic

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacris View Post
Just curious, do you focus on harassing or last hit during laning phase? for that one game you have late game items where as Ez is early game champ.
I do both simultaneously i harrass as much as possible, while always leaving enough mana for a E for escapes, aswell as getting every last hit i possibly can. I wouldn't say Ezreal is an early game champ, with my play style i see that i can easily out damage any other ad carry that gets in my lane early game but i see that i do better with him late game, where i have more sustain and i dont find myself OOM every other minute.

john3coffee

01-23-2012

ez is a good ad carry most just dont play him the right way. like metaphisto says above hes not an auto-attack or right click champ. just grab with mana regen early, build sheen in2 trinity and stack damage and armor pen from there. with the range on his q and the built in flash to line up shots u can stand back and burst all day, w/ a built in flash hes hard to catch, and that snipe is a big early game nuke

Sarien18

01-25-2012

If you want to play Ezreal, here is a very good guide for him. Included in this guide are actually the creator's statistics which are just as good

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...al-guide.xhtml

I have followed this guide as best I can, and I do extremely well verses bots (lots of kills, few deaths). But, because he is a skill shot character, he takes a LOT of practice - far more than most other champs I have played. I can't remember how many games I have played with him to get my skills up to what I consider "decent".

As for pvp, I have only recently and sporadically played pvp, (less than 20 games, I am sure) but there are very good videos out there on youtube that can attest to his usefulness. I believe the guide even has a link to the creator's videos.
Also, this particular guide builds him as an AD carry, and doesn't really go with what the main stream says (it doesn't use Manamune, mana regen is not important, for example).

Personally, I love playing Ezreal. I'm not very good at pvp yet because I simply haven't played a lot, and Ezreal takes a lot of practice. But he can be good at pvp, if you're willing to put the work in.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Ezreal counters only a small amount of champions and get shut down by quite a few. His skill cap is just too high to be useful in every situation.