Whisper bug?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunner62

07-19-2010

After the season one patch me and some friends have noticed that we cant hear whispers in game. plz fix

Sarcon

07-19-2010

same for me too, people whisper me and haven't gotten their messages during my match. Saw their messages once I came out of my match.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

07-19-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

edit: We have intentionally temporarily disabled this feature in order to improve general chat performance. No eta on its return yet.

Rico The Mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

Yes, this is true. I was wondering why my friends, who always replied back to whispers during a match stopped replying this patch.

Harple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

I am having this problem as well....soo annoying

Orcasm

The Council

07-19-2010

I have this problem too. I thought it was intended, but apparently not. Messaging doesn't work for me in-game.

Private Ramirez

07-19-2010

When I try to send one, I get "ERROR - Not connected to PvP.net." Despite in game chat working fine.

General Hotbod

07-19-2010

I haven't been able to receive whispers in game either.

Ganciel Dren

Recruiter

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcon75 View Post
same for me too, people whisper me and haven't gotten their messages during my match. Saw their messages once I came out of my match.
this is basically the issue . you can't see whispers in game, but can see the chat when the game is finished .

SlyGoat

07-19-2010

At the back of my mind I kept thinking it was a bug, but since I have played almost only ranked games since the patch I kinda got the impression it was intentional to not get whispers in ranked games for some reason (like a friend watching someone's livestream that happens to be on the enemy team etc.), but then I realized you could just be on vent or xfire or something with that person anyway.

So yes it's been happening to me too.