New Skins Now Available: Frosted Ezreal, Black Belt Udyr, and Woad Ashe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forogorn

07-20-2010

Riot should really bring out the Riot Squad Singed, but if you people didn't noticed it, Singed is holding a riot shield, like in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with Riot printed on it. I still really want a Udyr skin that makes him look all hairy like Chewbacca...

Chaosbleeds91

07-20-2010

I want more Mord skins already!!!

DevilNL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

too bad ashe skin is 975 while the other 2 are 520, would have bought it otherwise

AstorSapolsky

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
So you are then, judging by a mere pic? Oh nice your reasoning is beyond godlike then props to you. My point was, people is judging here by a mere pic of the char in a weird angle/pose, I've played 5 matches with the black belt Udyr skin and everyone says "Hey Tori, the skin looks better ingame than in the screenshot" so yeah judging a skin for a mere pic or a loading screen says much. Ez has 4 skins and all of them are just recolors!!! And the RIOT log fits because it is a EFFING FIST and the skin supposed to be a "Karate/MMA" practitioner Udyr by the other hand, in his classic the PAW "fits" regardless he has 4 stances because he's supposed to be a wild hermit guy.

So now that Singed fans are getting his RIOT Squad Singed with more than 1 Riot logo, they will be flooding the forums complaining about Riot branding their creations?
You are a very angry fellow.

My point is people are judging by a mere picture for a bloody good reason. Unless Riot makes a video demonstration of the skin in action, it's not a "mere pic," it's "the only way we have any understanding of what the skin looks like." If we see it in game, then we can change our mind.
However, if Riot announces a skin, and all they show is a skin that has a slightly lighter brown, then they are going to have to anticipate us judging it by that light brown picture. Every new character release comes with a Champion Spotlight, and it really shows what the text description cannot. In the same fashion, a Skin spotlight just showing it in action shows what a picture cannot. If they offered a video of it in action, and people said "WTF THAT PICTURE LOOKS TERRIBLE," then they would be at fault. I wouldn't blame them, though, for not wanting to buy a skin based on a hunch that it might look better in game.

I am a Singed player, and I know it is a Riot Squad character, but that doesn't mean I want to see three Riot logos on him. We get the point. I think Riot is a pretty cool guy, eh delivers a good game and doesn't afraid of anything. However, it breaks character immersion to see the logo all over a character.
In-game advertisements can work. If you are playing Spiderman, swinging through the city, and you stop to look at a billboard to see it advertising for an upcoming movie, than it is cool. If executed constantly, obnoxiously or they show it in unavoidable locations, it ruins the immersion.
When Malphite does his ground slam, the impact zone glows with the Riot logo for a quick second. It is a much more subtle and effective method, which is cool to actually notice without forcing you to see it.

tl;dr, go be twelve somewhere else.

balerdar

07-20-2010

a new map would be cool... 2v2, 4v4...

Brishen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky View Post
You are a very angry fellow.

My point is people are judging by a mere picture for a bloody good reason. Unless Riot makes a video demonstration of the skin in action, it's not a "mere pic," it's "the only way we have any understanding of what the skin looks like." If we see it in game, then we can change our mind.
However, if Riot announces a skin, and all they show is a skin that has a slightly lighter brown, then they are going to have to anticipate us judging it by that light brown picture. Every new character release comes with a Champion Spotlight, and it really shows what the text description cannot. In the same fashion, a Skin spotlight just showing it in action shows what a picture cannot. If they offered a video of it in action, and people said "WTF THAT PICTURE LOOKS TERRIBLE," then they would be at fault. I wouldn't blame them, though, for not wanting to buy a skin based on a hunch that it might look better in game.

I am a Singed player, and I know it is a Riot Squad character, but that doesn't mean I want to see three Riot logos on him. We get the point. I think Riot is a pretty cool guy, eh delivers a good game and doesn't afraid of anything. However, it breaks character immersion to see the logo all over a character.
In-game advertisements can work. If you are playing Spiderman, swinging through the city, and you stop to look at a billboard to see it advertising for an upcoming movie, than it is cool. If executed constantly, obnoxiously or they show it in unavoidable locations, it ruins the immersion.
When Malphite does his ground slam, the impact zone glows with the Riot logo for a quick second. It is a much more subtle and effective method, which is cool to actually notice without forcing you to see it.

tl;dr, go be twelve somewhere else.
To further what this guy is saying if I am buying something I want to know what it does to the fullest. IE When I buy a "new" computer I want to know what is in it so I know I am not buying a computer from 1994 that is just marked as new. It does not make sense to leave these things out when releasing a new skin.

MindChild

07-20-2010

Sorry, but those skins look..bad :l

ProjectTsubasa

07-20-2010

Well they may not be the coolest things ever but I for one credit you all on your work and effort to continue to provide new content. I like the Ez skin and I don't really play the other two but hey I think they're good. Thanks again and keep up the good work Riot.

Turbo Moses

07-20-2010

I'm not judging the Udyr skin because I haven't seen it in action. But I gotta agree with others, STOP using the Riot logo on everything. It's really obnoxious.

BellaTrixx

07-20-2010

Yesterday i got a Script Error that is line 301, "LauncherLanguage" undefined, Char 13, code 0 and URL:file:///C:/Riot%20Games/League%20of%20Legends/html/js/launcher.js
It was right after this update of skins that it happened. Does anyone Know how to fix it? please!