Magic Penetration quints

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

I feel as thought their number is a tad low.

If you look at any other best-in-slot type of rune and it's quint they are generally just over 2 times as strong.

With magic penetration quints they are about 1.5 worth of magic penetration when compared to their red counter part.

How does this rune ever compare (early game) with the 15 AP you could get from AP quints.

While I understand magic penetration probably scales a lot harder into late game than attack damage/armor penetration... I can't help but feel as though I've been a bit cheated on their purchase when reds/quints give me 14 magic penetration as adverse to the 25 I could get with Armor penetration if playing an AD carry.

That all taken into consideration everyone knows that AD > AP early game for a number of different reasons, particularly their ability to continue attacking you with no mana and still benefit from their runes/masteries when in most any case if a caster is out of mana... that's it for them, they are 100% useless.

Up vote if Riot should take a look at the numbers behind Magic Penetration runes.

Thanks

OlDiggerNick

01-20-2012

Yea. No one uses them

Zerothma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

I bought a third Magic Pen quint just a little while ago, and I asked myself the same question, "Why? I won't use it." I bought it anyways so that I could have 3 of them, but I'm still trying to justify it.

Psychoactive

01-20-2012

they are blatantly bad

not sure why they havent been fixed

Supaka

01-20-2012

It just feels as though their numbers were computed incorrectly. I'd be more incline to use them if they were near par with what the armor pen runes are.

Stacking ability power in game seems to be the only way to go recently and it's really ineffective when the enemy has like 80+ magic resist.

In fact, just flat magic resist glyphs completely counters someone using 9 magic penetration marks + 3 magic penetration quints.

Consider also how many low AP scaling champions that should be prioritizing magic penetration over AP to begin with...

This would add more variety for non-typical ap casters with bad ratios so they don't get pigeon holed into support/tank roles as often.

Painful Dream

01-20-2012

Completely agree. I never get mag pen quints. The only exception is on Leblanc.